Need advice on not recovering from bad days

Options
Today I went over by 662 calories. I've worked really hard but started feeling discouraged today for some strange reason and ate too much and didn't go to the gym. Of course the scale is already creeping up just from this one day. Any advice on how to move on and not let this spiral into a significant weight gain?

Replies

• krismurphydc
    krismurphydc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    TITLE CORRECTION "Need advice on how to recover from bad days"
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    One day won't ruin your progress. Hit your goals for the remainder of the week. Weight loss isn't linear, nor will you gain fat in one day by going 600 calories over. It's most likely water weight, waste still inside you, or the weight of the food in you.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day. Blank slate. It'll be ok! ;)
  • ivylaurenolsen
    ivylaurenolsen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot :( but it's ok! Just like one good day won't make you 100 lbs skinnier, one bad day won't make you gain 100 lbs :) it's all about not giving up!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You were just hungry. I do it all the time. You've already lost a lot of weight, I think you've got this. Most of the time when I'm super hungry and go over I have a way easier time sticking to 1200 for the next few days. If I were you and I wasn't hungry in the morning I wouldn't eat until I was. Overall on the weeks where I eat a bit more I still lose around .5 pounds. Which is a win for me.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Since you are in the process of losing weight, you are already working on recovering from some bad days. So, now you are a day or two behind what you would have been, but if you keep going, you'll lose the weight.