Sign off/ turn off a thread?

Options
SophiaSerrao
SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi.

I think I commented in one of those never dying threads (even though for the life of me I don't remember doing so) and I lost the interest I never had in it in the first place, lol... and it really kind of spams up my notifications. Big time.

Is there a way to "leave" the thread I haven't figured out?

It's not starred.

If anyone's figured out how to do this, please share = )

Thanks!

P.S. I tried to post this in the tech support forums, but it didn't let me, so I'm going to take this as a chance to post in the popular forum :mrgreen: It'll get buried (hopefully with a solution) in no time ;)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Weird, unless you started it or starred it, it shouldn't blow up your notifications...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I think I posted in one of those never dying threads (even though for the life of me I don't remember doing so) and I lost the interest I never had in it in the first place, lol... and it really kind of spams up my notifications. Big time.

Is there a way I haven't figured out to "leave" the thread?

It's not starred.

Thanks!

P.S. I tried to post this in the tech support forums, but it didn't let me, so I'm going to take this as a chance to post in the popular forum :mrgreen: It'll get buried (hopefully with a solution) in no time ;)
    Go to the "bell" near the top of your page, click on it, then go to NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES. Uncheck the boxes you don't want to have running.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    Weird, unless you started it or starred it, it shouldn't blow up your notifications...

It does, 'cause I get one everytime there's a new post. I just got 2 since I created this thread, ha. And no, I didn't start it or star it. Nor comment on it (that I remember).

It's not the biggest of deals, but it'd make my life a bit better to turn it off.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the settings you can turn off notifications for new posts to threads you have responded to. I made the mistake of posting in one of those neverending threads myself and that was how I solved it. Now if I post to a thread and want to watch for future posts, I have to star it.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hi.

I think I posted in one of those never dying threads (even though for the life of me I don't remember doing so) and I lost the interest I never had in it in the first place, lol... and it really kind of spams up my notifications. Big time.

Is there a way I haven't figured out to "leave" the thread?

It's not starred.

Thanks!

Go to the "bell" near the top of your page, click on it, then go to NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES. Uncheck the boxes you don't want to have running.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Well, yeah, but that would stop notifications for threads i AM interested in <=/
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same problem. I commented on it when it was a tiny three page thread and now it has like 9,000 comments or something ridiculous like that and I get a notification for every single comment. I would also like to know if i can stop those notifications somehow.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Somewhere in the settings you can turn off notifications for new posts to threads you have responded to. I made the mistake of posting in one of those neverending threads myself and that was how I solved it. Now if I post to a thread and want to watch for future posts, I have to star it.

Haha, I'll take this!! This would work and I don't mind the small workaround. Thanks, problem solved ")

Cheers! :flowerforyou:
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same problem. I commented on it when it was a tiny three page thread and now it has like 9,000 comments or something ridiculous like that and I get a notification for every single comment. I would also like to know if i can stop those notifications somehow.

What he said:

7lenny7 wrote: »

Easy and effective :+1: