do you dress up to exercise?

Options
I signed up with curves and i start on Tuesday.. but as the day gets nearer - i have found myself wondering 'what do i wear'?

Its a common girl thing i guess - its supposed to be about the fitness and weight after all but i think i will be more confidant if i have a nice fitness outfit!

What do you all wear?

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I found ever since I bought myself cute and flattering workout clothes, I am more inclined to workout in them. :)
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    wear what you are comfortable in. LIGHT airy easy to move. Be careful though that this might keep you from going because you dont have a nice outfit. enjoy
  • FitFrenchGirl
    FitFrenchGirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Because I'm extra girly ;)

I love to look good all the time, so yeah I do dress up in a way..cute black yoga pants with of course something pink, lime green hot pink bright pink lol....http://www.lululemon.com/ is a great web to get super cute clothes!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I live in athletic clothes! ..Even though I am heavy..The heat here is unbearable so jeans are out!!..I LOVE Curves...I joined 3 weeks ago..and its great!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    guy here. depending on the weather shorts or sweats and other than that nothing special other than moisture-wicking shirt. I don't bother with nice colors or matching shoes. I'm going to sweat, I don't care what others think of me. I do get harassed in a friendly way by my female friends that I need to get new sweats or at least non-bleach stained ones. none of my male friends comment. all of my sweats are very faded and worn out but no holes yet! when holes do appear I'll replace them, probably >.>
    but for others I can understand wanting to feel and look nice.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have loads of exercise clothes, depending on what I am doing and the weather. I wear long running tights, running t-shirts and a windstopper in winter, lycra shorts and a vest top in summer, and variations in between. For aerobics I wear long yoga pants and long socks as we use resistance bands, for circuits I wear a skapri and a vest top.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and always wear a neon green head band, tight short shorts, tank top, and knee high socks w/ stripes at the top of them. The ladies at the gym love it. :laugh:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i always wear yoga pants and a tank top of some sort. i also wear a sweatband on my head. i dont care if it looks like i am stuck in the 80s still, it keeps some of the sweat from pouring into my eyes, although it still does..lol
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't dress up per-se, but I do try and make sure I don't look like complete poo. Also I hate working out in any shirt that has sleeves of any length.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I dress up to workout, but I would say my workout close are probably the best looking on me since they are tighter than all the rest. Comfort is the key and I couldn't stand wearing oversized clothes to the gym.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i'm not there to impress..i'm there to work out..

i wear gym shorts and t shirts.
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    sometimes i wear a little make up it makes me feel super cool when im exercing... dont tell anyone though its my little motivation tool
  • b0ink83
    b0ink83 Posts: 10
    Options
    I never like the idea of "sweating all over the place, then slip & fall on it". I will wear long sleeves round collar tops from Cotton on, along with shorts or running tights.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love my Fila workout wear from Kohl's. It's snug fitting, easy moving, moisture wicking fabric that is super comfy and I love the fun colors! I usually get black bottoms and bright tops. Just makes me feel good!!!! I definitely workout better when I feel confident... and so far Fila has done that for me! Look for sales, try things on... anything that helps is worth it!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes came from Walmart in the active section. The workout capris and tops. I wear all black because I sweat everywhere and any other color will make it more obvious.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out at Curves in years, but when I did they had really cute clothes to sell. If it makes a difference for you (it does to me) buy some things you enjoy wearing. Don't overbuy in the beginning. First you don't know what is going to be truly comfortable for you to work out in, and next, your body is going to change as a result of the exercising. :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    no... i am still wearing my maternity tops to the gym... and my youngest is nearly 3....

i am that self conscious about my tummy that i don't want to buy t-shirts that are too fitted because i definitely don't want rolls hanging out when i'm trying to do a headstand in yoga...

so i guess maybe when i lose another 5kg, i might need to go buy some new tops...

but personally, i'd rather spend my $$ on casual clothes than gym clothes. i work hard at the gym, and sweat profusely, i'm not there to impress anyone except the set of scales, which really doesn't care what i'm wearing.
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    I'm a guy , so It's pretty simple, for me a pair of shorts and a t shirt and away I go, I don't care if they even match.
    I'm going to sweat, not to win a fashion contest or have someone check out my butt.

My T shirt is usually pretty soaked by the time I finish, so what does it matter what color or style it is.
    I guess that's the difference between men and women , women care more about that stuff, then men do.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If I were to give advice it would be to wear what feels good on your body and not something to hide it. I had these huge Tshirts and long running pants. When I first worked out I wore them and was hot, uncomfortable and miserable actually.

A very fit body builder guy friend told me a few things that made sense. 1. no one cares about you, they are there for themselves! 2.if you are fat, a bit tshirt only makes you look that much fatter 3. when you can see your body in the mirror it helps with positioning of the body to do the work out correct............and is great motivation to change what you see.

I avoided mirrors like the plague. Then when he made me do simple free weights in front of the mirror, I became desensitized (sp)

So try on different clothes at the store, only buy one outfit, and try it out.

I like a sports bra (champion has awesome ones for cheap and they last) yoga pants during winter (both days) and bike type shorts all the rest of the year and a wickaway shirt that is a bit loose, but not too much.

see picture!! LOL!!

Good luck and congratualtions on your choice to get healthy!!

AWTY:heart:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    ALL of my workout clothes are from Walmart or Target. My gym is filthy and I am on the floor, etc and I will not spend big $$$ on clothes to do that! Plus if I have to worry about what I'm wearing, it'll hold me back from giving my all to the workout!

Winter: long black yoga pants and tee

Summer: black capris and tank

I agree with the bodybuilder friend and his advice to the above poster: make sure you can SEE your body in your clothes. Not that they're tight or uncomfortable but so you can SEE what you're doing when you're working your body.

Hope you enjoy Curves~ a few of my friends go there and LOVE it!!:flowerforyou: