only 700 calories today?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
It is 7:36pm and I have only eaten around 700 calories today so far. I felt really sick all day so only ate when I could & what I could as to not feel even more sick. Should I find more calories or just leave it? This is only one day, I am up around my calorie goal every other day.

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling sick just go lay down. Make sure you stay hydrated. For today it will be ok. Hope you feel better.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I'd have to agree. Stay in bed, drink lots of water and juice, and don't worry about your calories. You won't send your body to starvation mode in one day.
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi! Sorry to hear your not feeling well

I agree with the others, make your priority getting better not your calories, listen to your body and don't force it to do something it doesn't want to.

Keep hydrated and get well soon xx

:flowerforyou:
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body, keep well hydrated and rest xxx
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I have always been told that your body needs a certain amount of food to lose weight or it holds on to what you have,if you are feeling sick its your body telling you feed me,700 calories a day is way to few you will be going to stavation mode which is not good for you no mater how much water you drink.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    just leave it. its fine

dont force feed yourself..you'll make yourself feel worse
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    I have always been told that your body needs a certain amount of food to lose weight or it holds on to what you have,if you are feeling sick its your body telling you feed me,700 calories a day is way to few you will be going to stavation mode which is not good for you no mater how much water you drink.

there is no such thing as starvation mode..and your body wont hold onto anything..it uses it..because it NEEDS it to function. ugh..with all these diet myths
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I agree with xraychick, I have a stomach bug and have had it since before I woke up. It is not because of not eating enough.
    if there is such thing as starvation mode btw, then how come anorexic people are so skinny not fat? :S

I'd say just one day should not matter so much anyway, eating more would just make me more sick probably.
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I am only going by what I have been told by the doctors I work for told me when I tell them what I have been doing and how I have lost 49 pounds by eating a balenced diet and doing excercise.......I some how think they know what they are talking about!!!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Perhaps if you had said you had a stomach bug in your original posting the advice from the people on here may have been different. If you have a stomach bug the advice is eat nothing, drink plenty of clear fluids.

Having started a debate on your posting of 'i know better than you do' perhaps a subtle apology for misleading well meaning readers might be appropriate.

Get well soon
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Uhh actually I think the fact that Michelle was being rather rude & thinks she knows better than everyone because she talked to the doctor, means that she should owe me an apology.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Saying that "i feel sick & have been vomiting" usually means a stomach bug or it did last time i checked. I only got a different response from one person who was actually very rude about it.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Despite what some people would have you believe, one day with a very low calorie input is not going to make your metabolism immediately crash to a grinding halt!

Besides, if you eat and it makes you vomit, what's the point?

Yes there are perfectly sensible rules about not eating a severely calorie restricted diet, but they have to be applied intelligently.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    rubbish, feeling sickand vomiting could be down to a number of things as i think you proably know, hangover, food poisoning, pregnancy etc etc, nothing in your original posting would have pointed to you having a stomach bug, and i say again if you had said you had a stomach bug you woould have received different advice. That birngs to a point, the postiings on here are only in repsonse to people seeking advice from other people on here, it is not a medical advice site such as NHS Direct or similar. Only yo know your body and i therefore suggest this is not the site for you if you are seeking medical advice relating to your condition. None of us on here are experts we only offer advice based on experiences we have had , or have known other people to have had. It does nobody any good all jumping down each others throats and having a go at each other.

I hope you are able to get advice based on accurate symptoms and get well soon so you can get back to using the site as it is meant.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I was asking for help on whether to eat more calories or not, which usually does have something to do with weight loss.

Now, post whatever you want but this is my last post so maybe you should stop jumping down my throat and being so rude to me for asking for help, which I have seen a lot of people do here.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Leave it. If you don't feel well, don't worry- feel better soon!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It is 7:36pm and I have only eaten around 700 calories today so far. I felt really sick all day so only ate when I could & what I could as to not feel even more sick. Should I find more calories or just leave it? This is only one day, I am up around my calorie goal every other day.

If you are truly nasueated every time you eat, don't worry too much about getting the calories in today. Do your best to stay hydrated and maybe even gets some high-calorie liquds into you (it's ok for them to be sugary today).

Dipping this low on a one-time basis isn't going to throw you into starvation mode. If you're sick, you're sick!