Getting started in the community and figuring out how to post.

Options
Hello, I joined the group today. I like the posting of ways to sit-less. I am on vacation so I was happy to swim for 30 minutes. The rest of the day, I sat as I am working on fixing my father's computer problems. My mom requested that I talk about myfitnesspal at her weight loss group tomorrow. I wish I had a projector to show all the helpful features for food and exercise journals.

Replies

• wvclaylady
    wvclaylady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! What a cute puppy dog! I'm a dog person too. German Shepherd. He's a big baby! LOL I'm pretty new here too, and am loving all the helpful features you mentioned, and the message boards! How exciting to be sharing the site with your Mom's weight loss group! If they have wifi available, you could take a laptop or tablet and show them, or if you have the app on your cell phone, that would work too! Good luck!
  • JJsGirl2014
    JJsGirl2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I joined yesterday afternoon. I, too, am a dog person. =) A 13 yo Chow/Yellow Lab mix, 3 yo Lab and an 11 week old Lab/Terrier/Pit mix. Started my garden last week to help me get fresh air, exercise and eat better. I have been using a Fitbit tracker since November 2014. I just wanted to do more while improving my health and well being. I look forward to making new online friends, learning new ways to prepare my meals and just having fun staying healthy.
  • SnowStorm1017
    SnowStorm1017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My dog is 9 years old. We took Thank Dog Bootcamp together before our location stopped. I enjoy working out. My favorite is water aerobics. Best investment was a water-proof iPod. I just got the VivoGarmin because I can swim with it. Are you growing vegetables?
  • MadWonderland
    MadWonderland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im new here too, and also a dog person, a proud owner of a cute chispaniel name Emily! I've tried this diet thing before, but this time im going to see it through!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a dog person also! I have a frenchie and a Rottweiler currently but usually own pit bulls.
    I've been here for years. So I'm not new. Here's my piece of advice for anyone new, I would like to stress the importance of using a food scale to weigh all foods. It's very important to be sure that your actually eating at a deficit. Eyeballing portions doesn't work. Best of luck to you!