I love coffee...do you love coffee?

Options
staciekins
staciekins Posts: 453 Member
Here are a few of my favorite coffee quotes...feel free to add your own :)

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles. ~Dave Barry

A morning without coffee is like sleep. ~Author Unknown

Way too much coffee. But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever. ~David Letterman

Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation. ~Author Unknown

Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend. ~Author Unknown

Decaf is like taking a shower with a raincoat on. ~Author Unknown

Deja Brew: The feeling that you've had this coffee before. ~Author Unknown

You know you've been playing too much Nethack when you refer to coffee as a potion of sleep resistance. ~Sweeney Todd Lundgren

Coffee, n. break fluid. ~Author Unknown

Coffee in England is just toasted milk. ~Author Unknown

Decaf is like masturbating with an oven mitt! ~Robin Williams

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal™:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever. ~Author Unknown

My blood type is Folgers. ~Author Unknown

All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person. ~Author Unknown

Decaf? No, it's dangerous to dilute my caffeine stream. ~Author Unknown

I don't understand decaf, it's like sex without the sex. ~A.C. Van Cherub

Nothing is sad on a beautiful morning save to look down and realize you just had the last sip of coffee and the mug sits indifferently empty. ~Terri Guillemets

Don't laugh at the coffee. Some day you, too, may be old and weak. ~Author Unknown

The voodoo priest and all his powers were as nothing compared to espresso, cappuccino, and mocha, which are stronger than all the religions of the world combined, and perhaps stronger than the human soul itself. ~Mark Helprin, Memoir from Antproof Case, 1995

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat. ~Alex Levine

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world. ~Author Unknown

Replies

• infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Uh...yes...Yes...YESSSSS!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE and LOVE my coffee. Thanks for sharing =)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee!!! People think I'm strange because I drink it before bed. (not decaf). Umm if you like coffee, and drink enough of it, it doesn't affect sleep! :)
  • staciekins
    Options
    Caffeine has no effect on me in small doses. (except making me more enjoyable to be around) lol
    I often wondered if having a coffee drip intravenously would do better, but then I wouldn't taste it.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I LOVE coffee!!! People think I'm strange because I drink it before bed. (not decaf). Umm if you like coffee, and drink enough of it, it doesn't affect sleep! :)

I have insomnia and the doctor insisted the coffee was what was behind it. However a change in my coffee drinking habits (no coffee past 4 pm, unless it's decaf) did NOTHING for my insomnia....lol I actually think it made it worse.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My one and only quote comes from a master sergeant that was teaching me to make coffee the right way for his messhall (aka dining faciity for the entire base).

MSgt - you see how black that is (pours out cup of thick black substance)
    Me- yes Master Sergeant
    MSgt- everyday just like that, everyone else can add water, bunch-a-damn sissies

He later told me I made the best damn coffee, oh and real marines don't use cream or sugar

In bootcamp we weren't allowed coffee, we were eating our MRE's (meal ready to eat) one day the drill instructor offers to let us have the instant coffee that comes with the mre, we do everything together so here is what happened. "open the packet...pour it in your mouth.... take the lid off your canteen...put water in your mouth do not swallow.. Swish... Swallow... How was the coffee ladies?"

Also I have said "i like my coffee like my soul black and bitter, I'd say like my women hot and in my lap but that's just pervy and painful"
  • staciekins
    Options
    My one and only quote comes from a master sergeant that was teaching me to make coffee the right way for his messhall (aka dining faciity for the entire base).

MSgt - you see how black that is (pours out cup of thick black substance)
    Me- yes Master Sergeant
    MSgt- everyday just like that, everyone else can add water, bunch-a-damn sissies

He later told me I made the best damn coffee, oh and real marines don't use cream or sugar

In bootcamp we weren't allowed coffee, we were eating our MRE's (meal ready to eat) one day the drill instructor offers to let us have the instant coffee that comes with the mre, we do everything together so here is what happened. "open the packet...pour it in your mouth.... take the lid off your canteen...put water in your mouth do not swallow.. Swish... Swallow... How was the coffee ladies?"

Also I have said "i like my coffee like my soul black and bitter, I'd say like my women hot and in my lap but that's just pervy and painful"

:laugh: this really made me lol. thanks for that!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I love coffee! I usually only have it on the weekends though.

coffee_you_can_sleep_when_youre_dead_poster-p228005846209052109qzz0_400.jpg
  • staciekins
    Options
    I love coffee! I usually only have it on the weekends though.

coffee_you_can_sleep_when_youre_dead_poster-p228005846209052109qzz0_400.jpg

same here :)
  • dancemaddie123
    dancemaddie123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too!!!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    "**** yeah, I ****ing looooove coffee!" -Me.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I Love Coffee, I tried to quit, but the benefits out weight the whatever it is, not sure, but I like coffee yes yes yes yes!! I like my coffee black, some people don't seem to understand what black coffee means, it means BLACK with nothing else in it, not with cream or sugar, and none of this fancy pants stuff from starbucks, NOOO we need good ol fashion regular freaking coffee. COFFEE!!!! Sometimes I drink coffee allll day long and into the night because it really helps me be alert HEY LOOK AT THAT BIRD!!!! Sometimes I even go to Denny's late at night just to drink coffee and stare at all the weird people who come in all night long, but then I get paranoid thinking that they may be doing the same thing and to them I'm the weird one, but one thing we can all agree on is we are all drinking coffee yep yep YEP!!!

Will you all be my friend?
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Just had a cup... spicy eggnog K-cup from my Kerig...
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Decaf is like taking a shower with a raincoat on. ~Author Unknown

This! What is the point of decaf? Crazy people. Coffee is the one thing that I absolutely refuse to change with my new way of eating. I drink it every morning and I always add REAL sugar and coffeemate creamer. It keeps me sane. (oh, and I have also lost over 100lbs not changing my coffee intake.) I already know that my daily calories starts 175 in the whole because of my coffee. :happy:
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I loved it!!!! Drinkin a cup right nowwwww. :P
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I can drink a cup of coffee and fall asleep immediately after. Then, I get to dream of me drinking coffee. :drinker:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I can drink a cup of coffee and fall asleep immediately after. Then, I get to dream of me drinking coffee. :drinker:

I do that quite a bit....the falling asleep part, not the dreaming of coffee. :P
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Effin doctor cut me back from 6 cups to 3 and now ther is a report saying 6 cups a day may help your prostate.
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    "Instant human, just add coffee!" Author Unknown.

A writer one: "Give me coffee or the protagonist dies." Author Unknown

cant function without it!!! apparently, i have been known to trudge out of my bedroom with the most fantastic bedhead, start my coffee maker, and just stare at it, with no indication that i have seen/heard my apartment mates, even as they try to catch my attention. if i am aware of their existence, all theyre going to get out of me before that first cup is at least half gone is an annoyed grunt.

my mom makes the WEAKEST coffee in the world and i CANNOT stand it!!!!! when i complain she says "i dont want to waste it." you're wasting it because we can't TASTE it!!!!! and she buys pretty expensive coffee.