weight loss standstill

Options
Ruthkane30
Ruthkane30 Posts: 12 Member
Hi I'm a 32 yr old female and am 6 foot tall. I've been given 1490 calories by mfp and although I have guessed some calorie values am now measuring my food. Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me. I want to lose 70lbs

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You say you are measuring food... does this mean you bought a food scale... If not..

Weighing your food and keeping your food proportions right should keep at your calorie goal MFP gave you...Underestimation of what you eat will cut right into your deficit...

• Ruthkane30
    Options
    Yea my new digital scale came yesterday x
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I can't see it. But you must weigh everything that you consume with a food scale. It's about calories in calories out. You'll lose weight if you eat at a deficit. To make sure your at a deficit you'll need to be accurate and weigh everything that you consume with a food scale.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    do you use a food scale?

do you log everything that you eat?

are you using correct MFP entries from the database?

ETA - I just saw that you got a food scale yesterday.

Make sure that you weigh, measure, log everything that you eat. Do that for three to four weeks and see how it goes.

I would also make sure that you are using the correct entries from food database.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ruthkane30 wrote: »
    Yea my new digital scale came yesterday x

Good move... this is all you need to get on your way... Weigh, log it and keep within in your calorie goal...

Best of luck to you... :):)
  • Ruthkane30
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was using a lot of the database calories values but now that my new scales have arrived I'm using them, I'm a single mum of teenager so I try to make dinners we can both eat healthy together, he is a vegetable hater do u have any idea how to get them into his diet I.e. vegetable and fruit smoothie recipes x