A little Down this morning

Options
I had to laugh at my mom this morning... she said to me, why bother to keep track of a .2 weight loss.... and I told her gee mom thanks for the support.

Every time I see that number go down even a .2 loss I pat myself on the back.

My husband does too. (Although he really doesn't care what I weigh, when I am happy he is happy.) My mom is as thin as a rail but she drinks coffee in the morning and eats one meal each day around 2 pm and doesn't snack very often. She has no sweet or salty tooth.

Anyway my news today is that I am .2 down from yesterday and I am celebrating regardless if anyone is celebrating with me or not.

weight.png

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's hard for others to share our excitement when they haven't been through a similar experience. To them, 0.2 lbs is meaningless but to us, it's confirmation that we're on the right track. You won't always get the support needed from family and friends so that's why mfp is so great. Here on mfp, it's easy to find others who have been there and are doing the same things.
    Keep your headup and keep going :-)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Here for the celebration :)
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Me too! :smiley:
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i get that too, my friends are more crass about it though- typically i get the "i could poop 1lb", well duh! that's why i weigh myself after going to the bathroom every time! i have learned to not say anything about .5lb weight loss to them (my scale only goes by .5). but it does make you feel good to see the scale go in the general direction of down! congratulations!!!!!!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Keep laughing all the way to your goal. I celebrate weight loss, no matter how small, and I celebrate the little non-weight loss achievements, like bypassing the donuts at our work coffee bar every Thursday morning that I pass by all day long on my way to the restroom from drinking so much water. LOL! It's definitely worth celebrating, as that's what keeps most of us going. Congrats to you on every ounce you lose!!
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I knew you would all get it!!!!

My niece, who I have been exercising with, gets it!!!!

So everyone party on!!!!

I hope everyone sees a .2 or better on their scales this morning!!!!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Any downward movement on that scale is worth celebrating! Even .2lb will add up.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is there cake?
    ETA: Well done OP. I'm in the .2 loss club too. We're awesome!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.3lb one week. I still celebrated as hard as the weeks I lost 3lb.

Well done you!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Any downward movement on that scale is worth celebrating! Even .2lb will add up.

Yup. Congrats! :p
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    .2 in the right direction is awesomeness!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Every ounce counts. ..it shows you are trying. .good on you. ...be proud say it loud !!
  • yeahwhutevr
    yeahwhutevr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    .5 lbs loss, no matter what they say is a loss!! and that 5 times, is a whole pound!! Keep up the good work on you way down!!
  • kimmaltsev
    kimmaltsev Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • katyconn123
    katyconn123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well done every lose is a bonus, keep focused, your going in the right direction
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves - saving little amounts is better than not saving at all. Same with weightloss. Every little counts. Bravo you!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Congratulations. ..a loss is a loss after all....keep up the good work xx
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts, right? Good job :)
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Another .2 this morning.... THAT is 14 pounds total!!! 15.2 to go to reach my first goal!

weight.png