Calories

Options
im lost on calorie intake. One place says to eat 2000 one says 1800 another says 1500 ugh so lost. I want to lose weight.
I weigh 157 lbs
I breastfeed

If anyone can help with how much I am suppose to eat that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What did MFP give you when you entered your settings and goals

for BF add 500 calories if exclusively breastfeeding and eat that
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1800 cal/day (since you're breastfeeding, you'll want to eat more to make sure that your supply isn't affected). Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1800 cal/day (since you're breastfeeding, you'll want to eat more to make sure that your supply isn't affected). Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

how can you tell someone how much to eat without knowing her stats???
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    lol rabbitjb! Exactly.
    OP, try this: go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    This will help you figure how many calories you need to eat to lose the weight you want to lose, at the activity level you are, including both work and exercise.

also remember, that when breastfeeding, you burn an extra 500 calories per day (approximate).
  • spawlik0723
    spawlik0723 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

So MFP says 1490 calorie goal. So add my 500 for breastfeeding and its1990 calories.

Do I change my calorie goal on mfp on do I just say i worked out and put in the breastfeeding option in cardio. And set it for 500 calories?

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

So MFP says 1490 calorie goal. So add my 500 for breastfeeding and its1990 calories.

Do I change my calorie goal on mfp on do I just say i worked out and put in the breastfeeding option in cardio. And set it for 500 calories?

You can find breastfeeding in the food entry portion it's a negative adjustment.