Low calorie drinks at the bar....Recommendations?

Options
I am a vodka girl. YES, I know that alcohol doesn't help with weight loss, however there are going to be times that I will be with friends at the bar. What are some good suggestions? I really like vodka but vodka and oj or pineapple juice can add up on calories as well as sugar. Not sure that I would like tonic water or anything like that because it is flavorless.....Anyone? I am not a dark liquor drinker.

Replies

• doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just drink vodka with diet coke?
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My standby is always vodka, water, with a few lemon and lime slices. Or I'll ask for vodka with half cranberry juice, half water.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can you get half juice/water/or club soda?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Beer.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I drink red wine a lot when I go out. Super low cal. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    mhankosk wrote: »

.... not really. o_o
  • angiemann2007
    angiemann2007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would do vanilla vodka w/ diet coke....or reg vodka and diet soda maybe sprite.....
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Vodka with club soda and a twist of either lime or lemon is my go to.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just drink vodka with diet coke?

I agree with this. Vodka, Diet, and a slice of lemon.

I'm also a vodka drinker... I usually do vodka tonic (when I save up my calories - there are a lot of calories in tonic water!) but if it is a spur of the moment drink that I hadn't anticipated, vodka diet is my answer :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I take my liquor on ice. If you like soda, drink diet soda with booze. Some juices have more calories and sugar than others, so it doesn't hurt to ask the bartenders what they offer.

You can always just exercise more to even it out. I refuse to give up my whiskey to lose weight.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I drink my shots with diet soda, plain water, or water mixed with a water enhancer (mio or something of the sort, they are 0 cals). Husband looks at me like I have two heads. *shrugs*
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mhankosk wrote: »

Red wine is actually not low calorie at all. An average 5oz glass is 123 calories. If you have more than one you could drink an entire meal's worth of calories pretty easily. One Vodka drink is half the calories.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »

Was going to say this...
    Yum! So refreshing!
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a vodka gal too.... I stock up on all the various flavors of seltzer for at home drinking (they're 0 cal) but in a bar, I go Vodka with Club Soda, extra limes (and juice the limes really good into the drink).
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Clear Captain Morgan rum with diet Dr Pepper or diet Pepsi. Fire ball shots inbetween (optional) :)
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »

YES. Would've suggested it myself.
  • Altagracia220
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Aaand white rum with diet ginger ale.

I will never give up drinking!! haha

Oh and vodka-soda, with a splash of cranberry. Lemon wedge optional.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    LinseyGill wrote: »
    I am a vodka girl. YES, I know that alcohol doesn't help with weight loss, however there are going to be times that I will be with friends at the bar. What are some good suggestions? I really like vodka but vodka and oj or pineapple juice can add up on calories as well as sugar. Not sure that I would like tonic water or anything like that because it is flavorless.....Anyone? I am not a dark liquor drinker.

High in the flavour stakes & requires no mixers - whiskey! You also won't drink to much, it's impossible.

What do you mean?
  • ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Light Vodka Cranberry! Vodka, then equal parts club soda and light cranberry juice. Or, if they don't carry light cranberry, get mostly club soda and about a shot's worth of regular cranberry juice.