C25K---anyone want to join me?!?!!!

Options
kncardwell
kncardwell Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I started day 1 week 1! Anyone interested in doing this together?? The more the merrier! Let's be honest running is not my friend....and I think I left my lungs back at the park today! Did I mention I don't like to run? Everyone has to start somewhere! Why not motivate each other along the way?!?!

Replies

• emily1011
    emily1011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I ran w4d1 yesterday, and that "left my lungs back at the park" feeling goes away soon enough, I promise ahaha!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Very nice. I started it back at the beginning of the year and I'm up to running 8 miles at a time now. The program works because you can spend as much time as you need to on one particular day. I'm hoping to do a half marathon sometime in October and I attribute most of my success so far to starting C25K. Good luck!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! I'm starting week 6 today. *gulp*
  • kncardwell
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Good to know it will get easier!!
  • kncardwell
    Options
    Very nice. I started it back at the beginning of the year and I'm up to running 8 miles at a time now. The program works because you can spend as much time as you need to on one particular day. I'm hoping to do a half marathon sometime in October and I attribute most of my success so far to starting C25K. Good luck!
    8 miles? Wow amazing!!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    C25k is a gateway drug. I completed it, then trained for a 10k, then a 12k, and now two half marathons later I'm training for a full. Be careful and wear good shoes!
  • kncardwell
    Options
    emily1011 wrote: »
    Congrats! I ran w4d1 yesterday, and that "left my lungs back at the park" feeling goes away soon enough, I promise ahaha!
    Glad to hear it goes away soon!!
  • kncardwell
    Options
    kncardwell wrote: »
    emily1011 wrote: »
    Glad to hear it goes away soon!!

• kncardwell
    Options
    C25k is a gateway drug. I completed it, then trained for a 10k, then a 12k, and now two half marathons later I'm training for a full. Be careful and wear good shoes!

It's great to hear about success stories! Amazing! I'm definitely starting slow don't want to get hurt! I need new shoes was thinking about going to a local store that does gait analysis and then they fit you for proper shoes.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'll be finishing c25k next week, and then I'll be working on speed for a while. You'll be amazed at how quickly your heart/body adapts to the new load you're putting on it every week. If you stick to it, you'll do just fine.

Good luck!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Don't think it gets easier! You just start running further ;)
  • kncardwell
    Options
    I'll be finishing c25k next week, and then I'll be working on speed for a while. You'll be amazed at how quickly your heart/body adapts to the new load you're putting on it every week. If you stick to it, you'll do just fine.

Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement!! Congratulations on getting through c25k!!
  • kncardwell
    Options

Don't think it gets easier! You just start running further ;)

Lol good point
  • justpeachypink
    justpeachypink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start it today!
    It seems that it's really been helpful to a lot of people!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow!
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I start week 4 tonight.
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by this thread.. I will start it today :smile:
  • justpeachypink
    justpeachypink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I was looking at the C25k apps. There's so many! Did you guys use the app? Which one did you guys use?
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on Week 1 Day 3 right now. I usually hate running too, but this makes it so much easier to start, and it definitely doesn't feel like I'm pushing myself too hard.
    Add me if you like! :) (Or anyone on this thread who's doing it, more friends and support can never be a bad thing!)
  • shrinkingrose
    shrinkingrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 4 Run 2 yesterday and thought it went pretty well. I graduated from it before a few years back and was successfully managing to run 30 minutes at a time but got out of the habit of it, and thought it was a good idea to start from scratch to get my legs and joints properly conditioned to it again.

I know I can and have done that much running before, but it still feels daunting!

I'm using the NHS C25k app on my android phone

nhs.uk/change4life/pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

Apart from the odd bout of it quitting out for seemingly no good reason, it seems pretty good. Allows you to play your own music and still listen to Laura giving you encouragement and telling when it's time to walk and when to run :)