Coffee creamer

Options
I love my two cups of coffee in the morning. I look forward to it and I don't want to eliminate from my daily diet.....BUT.....I hate that creamer adds 30 grams of sugar to my daily allowance. I have tried Fat Free Vanilla Creamer and Natural Bliss Vanilla...they both have sugar. I really don't want to go the Sugar Free route because I don't want the artificial sweeteners they use. Any suggestions?

Replies

• blancokitty
    blancokitty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate Vanilla Sugar Free it's good
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for a way around too many cals in my morning joe. I truly look forward to the first creamy, sweet sip. I have tried stevia, truvia and splenda and unless they are used in baking, I find, taste bitter and chemicaly. Interested in what others suggest.
  • blancokitty
    blancokitty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Artificial OH Boy didn't think of that maybe just plain milk.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Maybe slowly transition to half & half? I used to drink a half cup of creamer with a half cup of coffee. Over time - I've made the change to half and half added to the coffee. Occasionally I'll have some stevia in it but it tastes great sans sweetener.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I just use half/half milk in mine. It's only 40 - 50 calories and just has 1 gram of sugar. I'm a bit of a coffee snob and there's no doubt in my mind this is one of the best additives you can put in coffee. It doesn't mask flavor or change coffee to not taste like coffee. (Unless that's what you want)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I love my two cups of coffee in the morning. I look forward to it and I don't want to eliminate from my daily diet.....BUT.....I hate that creamer adds 30 grams of sugar to my daily allowance. I have tried Fat Free Vanilla Creamer and Natural Bliss Vanilla...they both have sugar. I really don't want to go the Sugar Free route because I don't want the artificial sweeteners they use. Any suggestions?

Don't use creamer? If you don't want sugar or artificial sweeteners, you might just try a little milk instead of all the flavored stuff.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I would just use real half & half.
  • hooah13m
    hooah13m Posts: 29
    Options
    I think almond milk or coconut milk adds a good flavor :D
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cream, a drop of vanilla extract (real), and a drop of stevia.
  • Diet242
    Diet242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I switched to Coffee Mate Fat Free. 10 calories 0 sugar. I used to use French Vanilla and I too had the problem of to much sugar and to many calories. It was a bummer at first but it helps reduced.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my morning coffee and have 2 cups a day. I tried the sugar free versions of the flavored creamers and couldn't stand them (or the aftertaste of the artificial sweetener). I decided when I started MFP that I would continue using my Caramel Machiatto or French Vanilla International delight creamer. The only difference now is that I do not add any additional sugar or artificial sweeteners, just the creamer alone and it satisfies me. I fit it into my allotted calories every day and continue to enjoy my morning coffee!! When you change your lifestyle it has to be something you can live with and do forever!
  • mjaygtoo
    mjaygtoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I did a comparison of Coffee-Mate French Vanilla Sugar-Free and Fat-Free...

Sugar-Free has less calories, sodium and carbs and is only 1g of fat (though that can add up depending on how much you use). I was thinking of switching to fat-free but now, not so much.

My nutritionist suggested skim milk and some cinnamon which I am going to try and I think the almond of coconut milk suggestion in this thread is a good one, going to try that too!
  • mjaygtoo
    Options
    Oops didn't realize how old this thread was. Hope people are still reading lol
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm reading it! I was just thinking that my coffee creamer is bad for me and wondering what others were thinking. I can't give it up and I can't do the sugar-free or fat-free versions. They're just not the same :( Can you use agave for sugar? It isn't artificial and I feel like it is so strong, that I use a bit less.
  • mjaygtoo
    Options
    My wife says Agave is good because it is low glycemic (not a lot of sugar). I have to look into it some more.