Need motivation to get started and keep going

Options

Replies

• captn2014
    captn2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel like it was a good first week. I hope everyone had had a good week as well. New week new goals, let's slim down and aim for a new healthy new "me". I hoping I've shed a few pounds. Waiting impatiently until May 21st. Broke the old scale, new one won't arrive in until then.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to drop 15-20lbs by mid-August. I've got vacation at the end of August and want to look my best. I'm 42, about 180lbs and have never in my life had ripped abs (even when I was 135lbs). I start focusing in on watching my calorie intake (thanks to MyFitnessPal) and exercising, then after a few weeks or a month, I just end up slacking off then can't get started again. I've had the habit of eating whatever I want as long as I stay under my calories. At one time, that helped me drop appx 30lbs. I've "dieted" like that because when I tried to go fully on a doctor-prescribed diet, it was not pretty- I was getting unbearable to be around. Heck, I could barely stand to be around myself.

Good luck to you on your diet. We're all here for you.
  • captn2014
    Options
    Thank you, good luck to you as well.
  • captn2014
    Options
    Back on scheduled, grilled some chicken breast today. Ate with green beans and grilled zucchini. Yummy. Walked for about 40 min.
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Would like to add you as a friend.
  • captn2014
    Options
    Starting weight: 242
    Current weight: 232

Exciting to see results
  • captn2014
    Options
    I hope everyone is sticking to their program. This is my 12th day. I have lost about 10lbs and I just want to share what has been working for me. For starters It can't be a meal for me without some sort of meat. So that's something I haven't changed. What I have changed is my carbohydrates, I'm supplementing two veggies for any carbohydrates I used to eat. So for instance, if I grilled chicken or beef, it's accompanied by stream broccoli and green beans. I do have carbohydrates from time to time, however they are not processed.So I'll have couple of red potatoes or 1/2 cup of rice. I'm also eating lots of fruits. Primarily blueberries, strawberries and raspberries for breakfast. Cottage cheese and oatmeal as well. I'm also just drinking water or green tea. I'm eating 3 times a day and having healthy snacks from time to time. Also, it takes 10 min for the tummy to send signals to your brain that it's full, so if you eat and think you're still hungry wait 10 min. Hopefully some of this information helps some one out there as well. Whatever you're doing, if it's working for you and it's a healthy weight loss, keep going!!!
  • captn2014
    Options
    Indulge on some thin crust pizza today.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    captn2014 wrote: »
    I hope everyone is sticking to their program. This is my 12th day. I have lost about 10lbs and I just want to share what has been working for me. For starters It can't be a meal for me without some sort of meat. So that's something I haven't changed. What I have changed is my carbohydrates, I'm supplementing two veggies for any carbohydrates I used to eat. So for instance, if I grilled chicken or beef, it's accompanied by stream broccoli and green beans. I do have carbohydrates from time to time, however they are not processed.So I'll have couple of red potatoes or 1/2 cup of rice. I'm also eating lots of fruits. Primarily blueberries, strawberries and raspberries for breakfast. Cottage cheese and oatmeal as well. I'm also just drinking water or green tea. I'm eating 3 times a day and having healthy snacks from time to time. Also, it takes 10 min for the tummy to send signals to your brain that it's full, so if you eat and think you're still hungry wait 10 min. Hopefully some of this information helps some one out there as well. Whatever you're doing, if it's working for you and it's a healthy weight loss, keep going!!!

Wonderful tips!
  • _dflow
    _dflow Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me :) it makes it so much easier to work out when you see all your friends on here doing it too!
  • captn2014
    Options
    Didn't do too great today. I hit a wall and can't seem to keep my mind off my cravings. Hopefully tomorrow I can do better.
  • captn2014
    Options
    Grrrrr. I haven't lost weight in a week. I think my sugar intake is too high. Going to grab this bull by its horn. Setting my self a 3 lbs weight lost by Friday. Taking the boys for a long walk at the zoo.
  • gypsysoul812
    gypsysoul812 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here can add me. I'm in full on beast mode. This is my third time on MFP, and so far, I've had a 35 day streak. It takes willpower, and determination. It has gotten way easier for me just in the 35 days. Stick with it!
  • ersoper3118
    ersoper3118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started...and I know Im going to have to focus and work my tail off. Id love to have friends on here that can send me a little motivation every day to keep me going. Im just under 300 lbs now and my goalis to lost 100 pounds in the next year. Its a lot and Im scared, but the pounds need to go. Having someone to visit with and show a little support that understands what I'm going through.
  • ersoper3118
    ersoper3118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    By the way, anyone who wants to add me, please do. I could use the motivation and would be glad to send some suppirt your way too.
  • captn2014
    Options
    You have my support, it's a little scary but you can do this!!! Start by eliminating drinks high on sugar. That's always an easy way to start loosing weight.
  • captn2014
    Options
    One month ago today I set a goal to be 180 by sept. I've lost 19lbs so far. Feeling a lot healthier. Today I'm 223 and still going strong. I ran 2.5 miles today starting to get a nice routine. I hope everyone is sticking to their plan and on their goal to success. If you got off the wagon, get back on it. The only time we loose is when we give up. Don't give up.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    HDub3459 wrote: »
    Hi Captn, I started yesterday. I just quit smoking a month ago. I figured if I can do that I can lose weight. I am about to go out for a walk now. Good luck to you!

Good for you!! I just celebrated a year being tobacco free. I got a lot of negative feedback from friends and family when I was attempting to both lose weight and quit smoking. They don't say that anymore. ;)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    captn2014 wrote: »
    I'm currently 242 lbs
    My goal is 180lbs by September.

Today is the day I get started.
    Change my eating habits.
    30 min workout each day

Not to discourage you, but that is a huge goal! It's easy to lose momentum if you don't get the results you've set your goal for. 2 lbs a week is much more realistic.

62 pounds in only 14 weeks? That is a 2214 calories deficit per day.
  • captn2014
    Options
    HDub3459 wrote: »
    Hi Captn, I started yesterday. I just quit smoking a month ago. I figured if I can do that I can lose weight. I am about to go out for a walk now. Good luck to you!

Good for you!! I just celebrated a year being tobacco free. I got a lot of negative feedback from friends and family when I was attempting to both lose weight and quit smoking. They don't say that anymore. ;)

Glad to hear that. It's gratifying when you prove people wrong for the greater good.