Skinny fat?

Options
Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to get out of the skinny fat trap?
People look at me and tell me I'm too thin but when I take my top off the wobble is ridiculous! Help!!

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things and eat lots of protein.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Lift lots of heavy things. Put them back down.

Repeat often.

Sounds like you need to add some muscle to your frame. That may require gaining a few scale lbs back as you eat at the surplus needed to build the muscle mass.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Start a full body lifting program.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    ^^^ what they said.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    /thread
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Your slogan on your profile, "perfect by 25", concerns me a bit.

There's no such thing as the "perfect" body, and the standards you are trying to attain might not be realistic. If people are looking at you and saying you're too thin, and yet you still think you're fat, you should consider the possibility that you might actually not be seeing yourself as you really are.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Remember the scale MAY move up as you are building muscle, just focus on how your clothes fit.
  • RayneScar
    RayneScar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Your slogan on your profile, "perfect by 25", concerns me a bit.

There's no such thing as the "perfect" body, and the standards you are trying to attain might not be realistic. If people are looking at you and saying you're too thin, and yet you still think you're fat, you should consider the possibility that you might actually not be seeing yourself as you really are.

Like body dysmorphia you mean? I don't think so. I have quite slim muscular legs and wear baggy tops because I dislike my stomach so usually that's why people think I'm thin!

By "Perfect by 25" I was referring to a bunch of different things - I want to quit smoking and achieve a healthier lifestyle - eating better, possibly 90% vegan, exercising more - and have my life a little bit more stress-free by the time I turn 25, so that's no cause for concern! But thank you :smile:

Everyone else - can you suggest some good workouts for weight training? I have a set of 11lb weights at home but that's it. Should I invest in more?

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Try Stronglifts 5X5. You can download the app at stronglifts.com. If you don't know how to do the 5 exercises in the program, hire a trainer to teach you or at least watch videos on Youtube that show correct form.

Good luck!
  • RayneScar
    RayneScar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, Stronglifts 5x5 sounds amazing! When I get my finances in good enough shape to join the gym again, I'll definitely look into that :smile:
    Any other easier, at-home ways to build muscle? Or should I maybe just invest in a bench and weights?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    RayneScar wrote: »
    Wow, Stronglifts 5x5 sounds amazing! When I get my finances in good enough shape to join the gym again, I'll definitely look into that :smile:
    Any other easier, at-home ways to build muscle? Or should I maybe just invest in a bench and weights?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    RayneScar wrote: »

Google convict training. You can start with body weight exercises at home.
  • lvllt
    lvllt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try Crossfit