What is P90X?

Options
hail87666
hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
I hear a lot of talk about it but don't quite know what it is, would somebody please explain? :smile:

Replies

• crysthom
    crysthom Posts: 27
    Options
    It is an exercise program by Tony Horton which (if followed correctly) should revamp your body in 90 days.
  • AlexD3
    AlexD3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good program that takes a high level of dedication.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    P90X is a fitness program, as other's have mentioned, that lasts for 90 days (and beyond). It takes a large amount of discipline, because it requires you to work out 6 days a week during those 90 days. However, it also delivers a large calorie burn with every workout. I am currently about to start week 2 of the program, and I would be lying if I say I'm not sore, but I feel like I'm on the right path.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    90 days of pure enjoyment. You follow 90 minutes of exercise a day, this includes warm-up, cool-down, exercises, and abs. Your overall physical and mental fitness will improve. You improve in your endurance (I am not a runner, but I can run now). There is not a muscle group on your body that is not worked over 90 days. Just twenty minutes ago completed day 63 of my first 90. I am already planning on doing another 90 days.

It has worked well for myself and my wife.

I have found it does not do much for weight loss.

I would recommend it.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, it doesn't sound particularly compatible with my work schedule ....I work 14 hour shifts (with a 2 hour round journey) 3 times at week so wouldn't manage 6 workouts