Need help dropping that last 10 pounds

Options
hi everyone!!! My name is Emily Rose. I started my journey at 165 lbs and I am proudly at 148.5!!! The path to get here has been long and slow but slow progress is still progress. Unfortunately I'm struggling really hard to push past this plateau and drop my last 10 pounds. I'll take any advice and tips I can get! Thank you so much!!!!

Replies

• sunshine2cool
    sunshine2cool Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, that progress is awesome.
  • EmilyRose13084
    EmilyRose13084 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, that progress is awesome.

Thank you so much!!!!!
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! Don't forget, your body can get smaller without your weight dropping, so don't be discouraged about the numbers. Muscle weighs quite a bit :) good luck!! And feel free to add me
  • Terryn_Cassar
    Terryn_Cassar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Added you feel free to add anybody.
  • trishaquint
    trishaquint Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same here! Stared at 160 down to 143. Just cannot loose the last 10! Let's do this together! Add me!!
  • EmilyRose13084
    Options
    Hi! Same here! Stared at 160 down to 143. Just cannot loose the last 10! Let's do this together! Add me!!

I would kill to be 143 right now! I can't seem to go lower than 148.5
  • marcuswatson5950
    marcuswatson5950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a certified trainer and fitness nutrition coach. It's always harder to lose the last few pounds as your body is acclaimed to the weight drop.

What are you doing nutrition wise?
    Gym wise?

This could make all the difference in terms of varying that approach a little. Nevertheless, congrats on the success!
  • EmilyRose13084
    Options
    Hi I am a certified trainer and fitness nutrition coach. It's always harder to lose the last few pounds as your body is acclaimed to the weight drop.

What are you doing nutrition wise?
    Gym wise?

This could make all the difference in terms of varying that approach a little. Nevertheless, congrats on the success!

For the gym I generally run approximately 10 miles a day. And nutrition wise I try to stay around 1,200 calories.
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 31 out of 40lb goal. Last 9 have been incredibly difficult.
  • bugglover
    bugglover Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ditto here
    I am 48 and let me tell you.. Had a very rough year last year... Put on a twenty and im so mad at myself.
    Now that I'm trying to get it off it is true about getting older and having double trouble trying to lose it. Took me a year almost to lose 8 of it.
    Had a couple family friend deaths ate some bagels...
    Now I'm back on because I can't re gain it as there is at least another 10 I would like to rid myself of.
  • EmilyRose13084
    Options
    bugglover wrote: »
    Ditto here
    I am 48 and let me tell you.. Had a very rough year last year... Put on a twenty and im so mad at myself.
    Now that I'm trying to get it off it is true about getting older and having double trouble trying to lose it. Took me a year almost to lose 8 of it.
    Had a couple family friend deaths ate some bagels...
    Now I'm back on because I can't re gain it as there is at least another 10 I would like to rid myself of.

I have always been the "fat" friend and I'm determined to change that this year.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    breaking through the plateaus can be very frustrating. I run alot too but sometimes switching it up to weight training can help. Good luck and great work so far
  • amberrexroat176
    amberrexroat176 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here! I started at 166 and now I'm 143. I'm trying to get down to around 130. I got stuck for a little bit at 147-149 also and I just kept doing the same thing and after a couple weeks I started loosing again. So really just keep doing what your doing and watching what you eat is what I did.
  • lonerockz
    lonerockz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My plateau busting routine has worked several times. It's pretty simple, stop what you are doing and do something else :)

I'd suggest you stop running and move to another exercise that you body has not gotten efficient at. I do circuits with light weight. Walking Lunges, planks, barbell raises, push-ups, etc. 6-8 minute circuit 2-3-minute rest, repeat. Bodybuilding.com has some good circuit routines. I have to change my routine every month or so as my body no longer works as hard after I've done something for a while. 10 minutes of Stairmaster used to be 200 calorie burn, now I do it faster, but yet its down to a 160-170 calorie burn. I use a heart rate monitor (Microsoft Band) to see my burn rate.

I wouldn't eat less, you'll probably just cause your body to lower its metabolism. I'd try to adjust your macro nutrients. Maybe lower carbs and up protein (just by 5-10%, not off the deep end).

• EmilyRose13084
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your support and advice.