Have you seen Kelly Clarkson lately?

Options

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    well...true. It is about self control. If she's happy whatever. Her baby was born a month after mine, not really an excuse it was almost a year ago, but I guess she doesn't need an excuse if she doesn't want one. And I don't think OP was bashing Kelly, just saying it's on us no matter we are. Don't be so sensitive.

You can make the point that it's on us without singling out someone as a "have you seen her lately?"

I guess I could, but I didn't start this thread.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about life is our bodies aren't here for anyone's approval, satisfaction, or judgement.
    well...true. It is about self control. If she's happy whatever. Her baby was born a month after mine, not really an excuse it was almost a year ago, but I guess she doesn't need an excuse if she doesn't want one. And I don't think OP was bashing Kelly, just saying it's on us no matter we are. Don't be so sensitive.

Maybe her baby was born a month after yours, but maybe she has a busier life than you? Maybe she suffered from PPD. Maybe she likes her body the way it is. And maybe we shouldn't compare our bodies with anyone elses. That's probably a good idea.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

An excuse for what? The state of her body?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you're living up to your URL. I bet you're the first to defend Rihanna when people try to police her body.

I dislike Kelly Clarkson's music but I don't think she owes anyone an explanation for her body, no matter how large or small she is. Certainly not internet randoms.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Sad thread is sad.

• mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Stoppit.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I am sure when she is counting her money that she sheds a single solitary tear at the thought of what some random nobody on the internet thinks about her.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

body shaming of any sort is unacceptable...would you like it if someone pointed out your flaws and made fun of you?

It's not being sensitive it's called being a nice person and call trolls on their crap...just like your getting called on yours
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Kelly is not obese at all, and she prioritised her baby rather than her weight, that first year is important for bond building and I for one think it's great that she's devoted her energy that way, and many mums would be praised for that choice. I think she's very beautiful, and even suits those extra pounds. Her attitude about it is also really good. The old adage 'you do you' works here, OP; I'm sorry for you if dragging down other people makes you feel more positive.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I don't give a rat's a** about Kelly Clarkson, or any other celebrity for that matter. Really, who cares?

+1
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    I am sure when she is counting her money that she sheds a single solitary tear at the thought of what some random nobody on the internet thinks about her.
    tumblr_m4h9d3MI4v1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

IDGAF what Kelly Clarkson does with her life.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

body shaming of any sort is unacceptable...would you like it if someone pointed out your flaws and made fun of you?

It's not being sensitive it's called being a nice person and call trolls on their crap...just like your getting called on yours

ok.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    What Kelly Clarkson replied to the vile woman who tweeted insulting things about her:
    "I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Someone tweeted something about me? Oh, and she’s tweeted something nasty about me? That’s because she doesn’t know me. I’m awesome! It doesn’t bother me. It’s a free world. Say what you will. I’ve just never cared what people think. It’s more if I’m happy and I’m confident and feeling good, that’s always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family — I don’t seek out any other acceptance."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson/kelly-clarkson-responded-to-criticism-of-her-weigh#.mtaPwao4O
  • Jennloella
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

yes that's what I meant absolutely. Kids aren't an excuse, I don't follow her or her music and have no idea how she addresses her weight if at all, I'm just saying to others here pointing out she has a kid....that....it's not an excuse.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What Kelly Clarkson replied to the vile woman who tweeted insulting things about her:
    "I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Someone tweeted something about me? Oh, and she’s tweeted something nasty about me? That’s because she doesn’t know me. I’m awesome! It doesn’t bother me. It’s a free world. Say what you will. I’ve just never cared what people think. It’s more if I’m happy and I’m confident and feeling good, that’s always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family — I don’t seek out any other acceptance."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson/kelly-clarkson-responded-to-criticism-of-her-weigh#.mtaPwao4O

I read that as well...the sad part of another interview was when she indicated it didn't bother her but there were women who are bigger than Kelly that say "omg if they think your fat I must be obese" and they don't have the self esteem...so there is that part of it as well...
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

yes that's what I meant absolutely. Kids aren't an excuse, I don't follow her or her music and have no idea how she addresses her weight if at all, I'm just saying to others here pointing out she has a kid....that....it's not an excuse.

Being on a fitness site isn't an excuse to body shame someone, and yet, here you are. What's your excuse?
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options

But, if she's ok with her body (and why shouldn't she be?) she doesn't need an excuse. It's not like she's running around these forums crying about how she can't lose weight because of her kid.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying but your thread title is unfortunate.

I went to a trainer for a year before it clicked mentally that I wasn't harnessing this "luxury" 100%. People would dismiss the fact that I was a 270+lb woman doing PT that obviously wasn't working (fitness improved). Once I fully engaged I was unstoppable. The flip side of that, however, is people making the assumption that I only succeeded because of a PT. True to some extent but the bigger picture is that people lose with the simplest no frills path too. Until you are mentally and emotionally invested in whatever means you choose to change your life, it's not going to have the outcome you imagine if you think simply "turning up" is anymore than just a start.

In regards to you, unfortunately referencing Clarkson - the periods in my life where I gained the most weight was post baby. Chaos abound. Tired, emotional etc. I cannot begin to imagine how hectic it may be for someone like Clarkson who is essentially a working mum finding balance. To even maintain where she is at at this point is an achievement regardless of her resources. I think she is a good example to that generation of prioritising her commitments, happiness and being realistic with expectations.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry. But recently having a baby can be an excuse. You gain weight while pregnant. It happens. You're tired. You work hard to take care of your child and sometimes neglect yourself.

Do you know what an excuse is?

Is it possible to not gain a lot of weight and to lose the weight fast? Ya of course. But for all women that's not the most important thing. Surprise surprise!!!! some women choose to focus on their new baby before they focus on themselves!!!! Also it takes about a year at least for most women to bounce back from pregnancy and labor. A solid year.

Do YOU have to do that if you have a child? No, of course not. But you don't have to trash talk someone else's freaking body or choice to focus on something else, something they deem more important. What does it matter if she is bigger? It doesn't affect anyone but herself. And she seems pretty happy to me.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

She's not making excuses. Someone else mentioned it. Kelly is fine with where she is.

What was up with your rejoinder to everyone to not be so sensitive? You're okay with body shaming Kelly, then? On a site devoted to fitness, you think that's just a-ok?