Popcorn?

Options
13»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    yummieeeeeeee well i have some fruit and almonds ready to go too also. Maybe i should swap the almonds for some yogurt...hmmm? thinking.....your fault...now i have to decide.
    what to do?

what to do?.......................

haha almonds are fun but they are so little for so many calories. I mixed my yogurt/frozen yogurt with pb2 and cocoa powder...mmm

yeah yeah make it even worse

Now PB is on my mind and chocolate too....sighs

YOUR EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I have a very lightweight pot with a tight lid and pop my Orville Redenbacher popcorn in it with no oil. You have to shake it the whole time to keep it from burning. I add no salt, butter, or flavorings and love it. Plus it probably uses up at least 20 - 25 calories to make it :wink:
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I air pop mine and season it with Truffle Salt. Heaven!
  • saeku
    saeku Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe for microwave popcorn that I used to make when I was a lazy vegan.
    Popcorn kernels into a brown paper lunch bag, fold it on top, tape the bag, and microwave it. When it's all popped, spritz the inside of the bag with vinegar from a spray bottle, then add salt (and maybe herbs or whatever), then shake it.
    It's lower-cal than normal microwave popcorn. But most importantly, it doesn't make your fingers smell bad once you've eaten it!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with popcorn.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Today I bought all the ingredients to make that kettle corn ordeal. Well, just the unpopped pop corn really, since I had olive oil, sugar and salt. Got my pot (the utensil). I'm good to go! I have high expectations haha. I'm attracted to it being sweet and salty... and eating a bowl's worth. What to drink with this? I'm thinking diet coke and ice. Cheers!
  • lindawlas
    lindawlas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ popcorn! I don't bother with the pre-made, microwave bags, I pop my own. In a paper bag, put 1/3 cup of kernels. Close the bag by folding it over 2 or 3 times. I put my microwave on for 3 min but never leave it that long ... After 2 min. I listen to the popping and stop it when the popping has slowed down. (Usually with my microwave it is at about 2:15 ish). Take it out sooner than later as if you leave it too long it will burn. This way you can control the amount of salt and butter you put on it!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So, I am a huuuge sucker for microwave kettle corn. Today at the store I looked at the box, and one serving of it says it only has 30 calories in it. I am just a little bit shocked. I know it isn't a carrot and isn't healthy, but 30 calories really? Does anyone else snack on this?

How many grams per serving? Orville Redenbaucher's kettle popcorn has 100 calories for 28 grams unpopped.

Are you sure it didn't say 130? that sounds more reasonable.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I'm obsessed with popcorn....I grew up on "skillet popcorn" my dad would put oil in a skillet on the stove and pop the kernels...yum!

In that case, if you don't have one, you've got to get a Whirley Pop. They make the best old fashioned popcorn!

silver-WhirleyPop-croppedsmall.jpg

• SLLRunner
    Options
    bhawk102 wrote: »
    Avoid movie theater popcorn. I work at a theater. The kernels are okay, but the "buttery topping"...I have no idea what it is

I used to love theater popcorn, but as of late I've noticed it leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth. For that reason, I (please don't tell one me!) sneak in my own popcorn. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    i eat every night 2.5 serving of air popped orville redenbachers popcorn....a hugeeeee bowl lol
    yummieee (ahum 300 calories but so worth it)

Orville R.'s kernals always make HUGE popcorn! I don't have it every night for a snack, but I do like it a lot!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I pop my own. Jolly time brand is about 40g for 160 calories which is about 10 cups maybe? Then I melt butter for it. It's a bigger splurge snack. Anyone know how to make home made kettle corn topping or another kind?
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i used to buy microwave popcorn all the time. we still keep it on hand for if the sitter's over or something... but once you try maing your own popcorn on the stove you will NEVER GO BACK. it is so light, airy, and delicious. I put a tablespoon of coconut oil in the pot and heat it, toss a couple kernels in to tell when its hot enough then add 1/4 cup of kernels. Most of the time the coconut oil sweetens it up just enough, occasionally we add a touch of sea salt. Either way YUMMMMMMM-OHHHH
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    popcorn time yummieee

2.5 serving air popped popcorn (100 gram)
    Makes this huge bow of delicious popcorn for 300 calories

17fijydcmas0.jpg
  • kklapaska
    kklapaska Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop Black Pepper popcorn is amaaaazing!