Body fat plummeting without cutting out the treats

Options
DangerousDUCK
DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
edited May 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all,

I been cutting for approx 3 months for a beach hols in early June(and also in preparation for a bulking cycle after the hols), for years I hated cutting or dieting because I had to cut out the chocolate, fizzy drinks and alcohol etc I enjoy so much but now I know this is unnecessary.

I'm currently down to approx 11% body fat(target is 10%) and I haven't changed my day to day diet much at all.

- I switched to diet versions of fizzy drinks.
- I try to hit a relatively high protein target of 1g to 1lbs of BW
- I stick to my cutting calorie targets most days but don't stress if I go over every so often.
- I don't weight myself very often but take body measurements on a monthly basis.
- Carbs and fat targets are loosely followed when possible.

I know this isnt new information to most on MFP but just thought I put it down anyway.

Does anyone still believe its not only the calorie target that's important but where the calories come from?

I know the ideal would be hitting the numbers entirely from healthy wholesome fresh foods without the junk in most food today but its not always practical or enjoyable for some.

Terry

Replies

• wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    First of all, chocolate is not a junk food. In fact, dark chocolate is a superfood. You may one-day regret your reliance on diet fizzy drinks (I am assuming you mean soda pop).
  • mummibear
    mummibear Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have read in many places that diet soda is worse for you than the sugary ones because of the added chemicals which may cause cancer.
    I am currently trying to come to terms with the concept of eating what I want (carbs, lol) and let the calorie deficit do the work. The only success I've had losing weight was when I went paleo, but it led to massive binging, which is my current demon. (yesterday I ate a dozen Krispy Kremes :-()
    If tracking macros works for you Terry, that gives me some hope. Thanks for sharing.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still believe its not only the calorie target that's important but where the calories come from?

This all depends on what kind of results you want. Advice peeps on deficit cities to get them from quality sources. Also...if you are at deficit calories and make a decision not to drink your calories...then your reward is that you get to eat more...and I like to eat.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Really they tell you to eat healthy food due to nutrient content, if you are hitting your macros or whatever, then it's no big deal. Healthy food also tends to be lower in calories than "junk food". Otherwise, if you aren't trying to hit nutrient content eating healthy probably isn't helping you that much.

But whatever you're doing, it seems to be working for you well.