When adding foods such as cereals and porridge etc, does the calorie count ....

Options
dentist69
dentist69 Posts: 1 Member
include the added milk used to make up the cereal or porridge as i am getting confused with the many listings when searching for the different foods and this maybe what puts a lot of people off

Replies

• doylejohnpaul787
    doylejohnpaul787 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    In general, no. The calorie count will be for the cereal/porridge alone.
  • doylejohnpaul787
    doylejohnpaul787 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For example, my 40g of porridge this morning was 155 kcals. I made it with 100 ml of almond milk and about the same quantity of water, so that's an extra 25 kcals. Had I made it with just water, I would not have those extra calories from the milk. If I had used full fat cow's milk, the extra calories would have been higher.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    dentist69 wrote: »
    include the added milk used to make up the cereal or porridge as i am getting confused with the many listings when searching for the different foods and this maybe what puts a lot of people off

If people have added the milk they normally say I normally don't see that many. If you're suspicious of the calorie count check the packet
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you are unsure about choosing something from the database, use the recipe builder and add exactly what you put into your porridge.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it'll give you a count for dry and a count with 1/2 a cup of skim milk. If you choose 2%, full fat, or non-dairy milks, that won't help. Log the cereal, then log the milk.