Curvy Hips Rant

Options
shockingpink33
shockingpink33 Posts: 49 Member
Ladies with curvy hips--

Do people generally assume you are bigger size than you are because your hips are much bigger than your waist (high hip to waist differential) ?

Because they do with me and it's effin annoying!!

End rant.

Replies

• lifeisbueno
    lifeisbueno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i make sure i rock my tiny waist! (27" waist vs 42" hips/booty) Peplum tops from express are my godsend.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Love them. Love the arched, as viewed from behind. Even better with the two dimples on the lower back to accompany the curves.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    No but I have a hell of a time finding pants that fit. I either can't get them over my *kitten* or the waist is so big I end up with that giant back gap. It's rather irritating.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like me some handles
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Ladies with curvy hips--

Do people generally assume you are bigger size than you are because your hips are much bigger than your waist (high hip to waist differential) ?

End rant.

How often do you REALLY come into contact with somebody assuming your size?
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    No but I have a hell of a time finding pants that fit. I either can't get them over my *kitten* or the waist is so big I end up with that giant back gap. It's rather irritating.

That gap at the back is annoying, yes!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a little waist and huge momma hips. I just wear a bunch of fit-and-flare pinup dresses.

Besides, I love the big butt that comes along with it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    thread_needs_pics_198.jpg
  • S0vi
    S0vi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Who cares?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Define "generally assume." Something is telling me that it's all in your head.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Define "generally assume." Something is telling me that it's all in your head.

Same page and all...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    how many people actually have done this, and what could possibly be the context?
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Humble-brag with a hint of compliment fishing?? Or maybe not. Either way, maybe putting too many feels into their "general assumption" is flawed. I would assume the general public aren't clothing experts and for the most part don't even understand how clothes really fit. They are probably basing their assumption on how their own clothes fit/their own size, therefore, they don't know what they're talking about, soooooo, who cares.

The only thing that should be annoying is what others have stated above - shopping for pants, but that's one hell of a first world problem and one I am happy to endure.

tumblr_m8fclaK6bq1qcxi0lo1_500.gif
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Ladies with curvy hips--

End rant.

I don't really have people talking to me about my size. When does this happen to you?
  • shockingpink33
    shockingpink33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, well, I have to say I wasn't expecting to have to defend myself here! :/ geez.
    I work in fashion as a designer. Part of my job is fitting clothing, so size and fit comes up fairly often and i was actually complaining about a particular recent incident.
    I know i'm a bit too sensitive and insecure about my proportions and maybe just things in general but I doubt I'm the only one who's experienced this and I was just curious too see if it's like some sort of optical illusion with curves that we look bigger to people.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    You do not, if people know what the hell they are looking at then the would be able to figure that out.Well, at least i know big hips doesn't mean you're a bigger person, i guess i can't say for everyone. Most men love hips on women and understand that curves will make someone "bigger", but that doesn't mean that you are a big person. If that makes sense....