1 month to drop a dress size

Options
hi everyone,
So I have a pageant in 5 weeks and my gown Isn't all that close to zipping, it's mostly because of my hips., how can I fix this? I used to be very fit but then I stopped and gained a lot of weight and now, starting on Monday 5/18 I started going back to my healthy eating good portions and excersing 6 days a week. Advice?? Any specific excercises that will help?

Replies

• kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Most people can't drop a full dress size in a month. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce either. Try to aim to lose 4 to 8 pounds a month. Eat a deficit. Make sure you weigh all your food with a food scale so you're getting an accurate calorie count. Good luck!
  • unstoppablyfit
    unstoppablyfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Aghh I'm really going to try!! I've gained so much weight so even if I can't by pageant I am so excited to get healthy and fit again!!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Most people can't drop a full dress size in a month. Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce either. Try to aim to lose 4 to 8 pounds a month. Eat a deficit. Make sure you weigh all your food with a food scale so you're getting an accurate calorie count. Good luck!

This, absolutely.

Also, Spanx are your friend. ;)

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Instead of drastically altering yourself in a month, can you just start working on getting healthy and have the dress altered instead?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Try some spanx. But with the hip area it might be difficult - can't stuff your hips in as well as a belly...
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have the seams let out on the dress.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when people are looking for the fast fix! Long term commitment is necessary, sorry but it will take time for lasting long term results.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    So I have a pageant in 5 weeks and my gown Isn't all that close to zipping, it's mostly because of my hips., how can I fix this? I used to be very fit but then I stopped and gained a lot of weight and now, starting on Monday 5/18 I started going back to my healthy eating good portions and excersing 6 days a week. Advice?? Any specific excercises that will help?

Start logging and sticking to your calorie limit.
    I don't know what you weigh but I wouldn't try to lose more than 5-10 pounds in a month and that might not change your dress size much. You have no way of knowing if you will lose enough inches off your hips in 5 weeks even if you lose some weight. You don't get to choose where the inches come off first. Just get a dress that fits you, wear a girdle/spanx or get your dress altered in these 5 weeks.
  • unstoppablyfit
    Options
    Thank you guys!! It's actually a dress that I'm not sure if it can be altered because it is all jewels. It is beautiful and has an invisible side zipper, my mother said if I lose 10 lbs it will fit. I'm Going to work extremely hard!
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How long have you known about the pageant? Sounds like this should have been planned farther ahead than 5 weeks.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hopefully mom is right and that 10 lbs just doesn't come off your boobs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be funny, but you didn't know this pageant was coming up soon? If you knew, why didn't you start sooner? Fast diets usually aren't smart. So call a good seamstress and see if she can alter the dress somehow
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If you are only slightly overweight, odds are your hips are that wide because bones. They are going nowhere.

Why on earth did you buy a dress that is too small? Next time, buy bigger. In the meantime, start reducing calories sensibly and step up your weight training and other exercise. And, seriously, find good shapewear and a good seamstress. Two things everyone should have!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! It's actually a dress that I'm not sure if it can be altered because it is all jewels. It is beautiful and has an invisible side zipper, my mother said if I lose 10 lbs it will fit. I'm Going to work extremely hard!
    Good one, mom! Way to encourage healthy eating habits. :|
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

Quick question, how old are you?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Aghh I'm really going to try!! I've gained so much weight so even if I can't by pageant I am so excited to get healthy and fit again!!

Buy a new dress or have it let out if possible.

Focus on your health for the long term not just for 5 weeks or 10 weeks.

Don't go extreme to fit into the dress, lose weight and get healthier is a sensible healthy way.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Quick question, how old are you?

My guess is 15, what odd will you give me?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's Honey Boo Boo, if that's what you're wondering.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    LyssaJ1 wrote: »

This, absolutely.

Also, Spanx are your friend. ;)

Spanx are not my friend. They are the devil.
  • unstoppablyfit
    Options
    Thank you all for your ... Help? Haha well about the why I didn't plan ahead? I have been trying to recover from an eating disorder and have Really been struggling so thanks for those comments.. It was the only dress and I love it and they only had one. Only encouragement please!