Calories not updating with new goal

Options
I reached my goal weight recently, so I changed my goal in MFP to "maintain current weight" instead of "lose 1 pound per week". I click save, but my daily calorie goal in my diary hasn't changed. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Replies

• jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    its not just you I changed mine and it won't stay either.
  • SuperWatts
    SuperWatts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't updating either, is there someone we can contact? Seems like a bug. I've tried to do it on the app and online.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds like a bug. Contact them. They just pushed out the new site - this sounds like a problem in the update.
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and had to manually change it under the Goal section.
  • rootofunity
    rootofunity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here. I manually changed it in the Goal section and that didn't even update the Goal on the Homepage.
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Same here. I manually changed it in the Goal section and that didn't even update the Goal on the Homepage.

I had to change it to a different number and save it...then change it back to what it was supposed to be and save it before it changed on my homepage.
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I try to update my calories every week after I weigh in, and when I tried today it's not updating the calorie goal.
  • joelraza
    joelraza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think there is a problem, because today I cannot sync my info from my fitbit to myfitnesspal... The number of steps, calories etc. are not updated! :(
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    lets bump this, it is so annoying! one of the biggest things MFP has to offer is its calorie count, and if it does not reflect our goals, then the app slowly becomes less reliable!!
  • msilluzio
    msilluzio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Both website and android app are not displaying correct calorie goal. Oddly enough, the widget has the correct remaining calories but then we I go in the app it's wrong. PLEASE fix.
  • tawalusa
    tawalusa Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm seeing the same (or at least similar) issue in iOS. One calorie goal on the App Home screen, and a different number online and in the diary page. Home screen calories remaining are calculated off the wrong calorie goal, but it's right online and in the diary page.
  • tawalusa
    Options
    I think I see what is happening: The calorie goal on the app home screen is based off what myfitnesspal calculates from profile data. If you use a custom calorie goal in settings, the app home screen ignores the custom calorie goal, but the custom calorie goal is used on the diary page and the web interface. What's the best way to get this feedback info to support?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Yep, I get a new goal every day that is not remotely close to my own goal. It's either around 1600 or 1870kcal, while my goal is 1700 :s They should really fix this bug.
  • RunsUponATime
    RunsUponATime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to get an estimated eta on this fix, or at least some sort of update. It's extremely frustrating.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    for me it seems to be fixed now.
  • tawalusa
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Updates to the linked help article…

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1971859--members-are-seeing-problems-with-their-calorie-goals"-

…indicate that some issues related to this were fixed on May 20 and May 23 - but the issue remains for me. There's a link at the bottom of the article to contact support. I've sent my feedback, and would encourage others affected to do so as well. I agree that this bug is particularly frustrating.
  • tawalusa
    Options
    This appears to be fixed for me on iOS with version 6.1.1 which updated today - June 12, 2015.
  • robinsonedwing
    robinsonedwing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its not fixed for ma. My widget is showing wrong count on my LG4