Small Victories!

Options
hbb86
hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
Hi everyone!

So, success is so often measured by how much weight you've lost but success should also be measured by small victories - that way small goals are more achievable which in turn motivates you.

What has been your recent small victory?

Mines has been being able to jog for 10 minutes solid (2025 meters according to the wii fit, not sure how accurate that is but the time is) - 10 minutes doesn't seem like long but I can assure you, I couldn't jog for 10 seconds let alone ten minutes when I first started. This is a big achievement for me!

Holly xx

Replies

• igraraliyev690
    igraraliyev690 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well done! Just keep going and good luck :) I also appreciate my little victories and this indeed increases my persistence.

By the way, you can try Tabata training because it is simple and time efficient. It takes only 4 minutes. This how I do it: I run 20 seconds at maximum effort with 10 second rest and do it in 8 sets, so totally it takes me only 4 minutes to raise my heart rate level to my maximum (170-180 bpm) and burn fat efficiently. This training burns fat very, very fast because those intervals increase your heart rate level and your body gets shocked with intensity and spares no time to get rid of fat to generate energy. If running is too intense you can try squat jumps or any other cardio like stationary bicycle etc.
  • natashajf
    natashajf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great achievement. I keep telling myself I will try the C25K (couch to 5km) but have been putting it off. I know even 1 min of jogging would be my absolute limit (if that).

I'm not sure if it counts as an achievement in the same way but the other day a colleague at work, not someone I'm particularly close to, came up and asked me if I had lost weight as I was looking like I had. Now the key thing here is this is someone I only see in passing, don't know that well, and definitely had no idea I was on a weight loss journey. I must be doing something right to for her to have noticed enough to come and mention it to me.
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well done! I certainly can't jog for ten minutes. That's great!

Well done! Just keep going and good luck :) I also appreciate my little victories and this indeed increases my persistence.

By the way, you can try Tabata training because it is simple and time efficient. It takes only 4 minutes. This how I do it: I run 20 seconds at maximum effort with 10 second rest and do it in 8 sets, so totally it takes me only 4 minutes to raise my heart rate level to my maximum (170-180 bpm) and burn fat efficiently. This training burns fat very, very fast because those intervals increase your heart rate level and your body gets shocked with intensity and spares no time to get rid of fat to generate energy. If running is too intense you can try squat jumps or any other cardio like stationary bicycle etc.

Thank you for mentioning Tabata. I walk a lot but do it quite slowly and wanted something to help with my fitness and burn fat faster. I'm still going to do my walking but Tabata should hopefully help me too. Are you meant to do it a few times a day or is once for 4 minutes okay, and then the rest of my workout could be walking?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!