What's your favourite exercise? And why!?

Options

Replies

• North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    garthom wrote: »
    @North44 That's awesome, tennis is really tiring isn't it! I could never get the hang of it, hand eye co-ordination is too bad for that!

Yes it's a good calorie burner- especially singles. I love because it's a sport, so I don't feel like I'm exercising. I'm just having fun! And it's super challenging- pros make it look easy but is not.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    I love, love, love golf but unless I'm walking it's not much exercise (and I'm currently on the DL and can't play so very grumpy and sad). Inside the gym I LOVE my dance fusion class. I never thought I could have so much fun dancing without alcohol! I burn a crap ton of calories, my heart rate soars and I'm grinning ear to ear every week. I love how I feel when I'm done lifting and I love the cardio workout and calorie burn from spinning.

I hear you on the grumpiness that comes when you can't play your favorite sport. I couldn't play tennis today again due to weather so went to the gym.

My favorite gym exercise is the clean and press that we do in body pump class. It's fun and makes me feel strong. And it doesn't cause pain in other areas of my body, like shoulders or wrists.
  • brandonrobinson303
    brandonrobinson303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Head to a large parking lot and push my car. I do sprints of 50 - 75yds and try to beat my time each sprint. Adds functional muscle and cardio. Also, lots of 'chirpees'. It's a burpee with a chin up at the top of the jump squat portion.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the flat bench press, but likely because I've always been relatively good at that one.

I'm also a big fan of weighted dips, because they're cool.

On the other hand, I also enjoy pull-ups, because there's something to be said for being able to do something that I couldn't do until fairly recently. Then I get to do more and more of them, which is even better.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    squats and hip thrusts....can't decide but it's all about the butt hahaha
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My fav would have to be a toss up between squats or overhead press. I really like both, squats work pretty much all my muscles but I also really like the way my back and shoulders are starting to look from doing overhead press. So I'm going with both.
  • ricardo510diaz
    ricardo510diaz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hang clean and jerk. I'm not an oly lifter or a crossfitter but those movements are incredibly fun to do once you get the *hang* of them. They are incredibly taxing, but the feeling of power and harmony in your body working together to throw the bar around is really unmatched by any other exercise. It's a darned shame that they're so unpopular.

My next favorite would be weighted pull ups simply because there's something incredibly bad *kitten* about strapping 90lbs to yourself and banging out a few sets of pull ups.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cycling, and Olympic Snatches...'cuz awesome. That would be followed closely by the Clean and Jerk...also 'cuz awesome.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm all about cardio! I love my TurboFire program and now I'm getting into the 21 Day Fix...killer ab workout.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yoga and walking. I would go hiking but there aren't many places to hike around here. I hope to add in bicycling...I just need to get my bike fixed. Playing outside with my son is another great way to exercise.
  • garthom
    garthom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see the different variety of favorite's that people have!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Rows, Romanian deadlifts, and pushups. And I like to play softball just for fun, not really for exercise, but I don't end up doing it very often.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Running and calisthenics for me. I'm having trouble sticking to yoga, probably to my disadvantage. It's more of a time issue adding in more routines than anything else.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Deadlift.

Of all the Olympic lifts, I like that one the most. Power lift in it's purest form.

Plus it's just fun to lift heavy like that. People watch.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Starting to fall in love with deadlifts. Just pulled 225 for reps last night and felt like a king. It's still baby weight but it's the most I've ever moved.
  • Hoppo39
    Hoppo39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do group exercise classes. And love it! They are hard, painful, very sweaty but I feel amazing afterwards. I do zumba, kettlercise, rebounding (on a trampoline) and a couple of other cardio and weights classes. I've lost over a hundred pounds in just under two years and feel so fit!
  • snorkizzle
    snorkizzle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Favorite outdoor exercise: rock/alpine climbing. gym exercise: deadlift :D
  • DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bench press! Just because I can... ;)
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sprinting.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Running, distance running particularly. Why? Great for cardiopulmonary fitness, high calorie burn for time invested, and I like being able to run across a city. Or two. Or three.