100+ to lose, in my 40's, busy working Mom . . . need support

I am 44 yrs old with 100+ lbs to lose. I have dieted my whole life and never liked the way I look. I lost 30 lbs a few months ago and put it all back on and more. I never thought I would be this old and still struggling with weight, with money, etc. Sometimes it gets real depressing. I would like to find friends that are in the same situation as me so we can motivate eachother and take control of our lives once and for all.

Replies

• Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    I'm not in the same situation as you but I just wanted to encourage you as I saw no one had replied yet. Being healthy for yourself and readying yourself for a long happy life with your kids. I hope you find some people in a similar situation to offer you support and best of luck.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Hi! I'm 47 and have about 75 lbs. to lose. That's a lot on a very short frame. And yes, we're struggling financially. I work from home but am happy to be your support buddy. :)
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    You can do this! I'm down 110 in 2 years and am working on another 20is. Feel free to add me.
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Hello MickeyMo. I am in the same boat. I lost 55 pounds two years ago, which 30 crept back on. I break it down to smaller goals. I would like to loose 10 pounds at a time.

Despite my best efforts nothing has worked so,I began Belviq over the weekened. It is very expensive, and I havent seen results yet, but. I still have about a week and a half left of my free two week trial.

Good luck!
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    I understand your situation -- please feel free to friend me.
    I am a busy working parent -- I have been steadily but slowly working on losing 200+ pounds since January 2013. It can get very frustrating at times (I just broke through an 8 month plateau where I didn't lose a single pound!). There are good people here -- and everyone has advice and support to share. I have found the latter to be the most beneficial because not all advice is healthy and not all advice will work for you. The key is to find what works for you.
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    I'm 47 with about 50 to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    You can do it! I started this in January at 44 and with 100 to lose (at 220). I know what you mean about it being frustrating, as I thought I'd kicked the weight thing back in my early 30s when I lost 60 lbs (started from about 180 then) and maintained it for several years, but life happens and I let myself regain plus. But now it's about a month before my 45th birthday and I'm at 134, with 14 lbs to my original goal and planning to lose a bit more to get to my preferred body fat percentage.

I lost the first 20 before getting active on MFP, but I think MFP has been extremely helpful to my success (although being committed to doing it was the main thing). First, just seeing that so many people had been successful helped me know I could be. Second, there wasn't really anyone in my off-line life I could talk to about it (I was embarrassed, didn't want to admit I was unhappy about my weight, and didn't want to deal with everyone's pet theories of how weight loss must work), and MFP allowed me (and allows me) to find a community of people to lose weight with. And, third, it just keeps it kind of interesting and fun and there is always some motivation to be found.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Add me. I'm 43, a working mom and started with 80 to lose. We can do it!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Add me. Don't let the profile pic distract you. I just finished losing 70 lbs, I'm 42, working mom and 5'2". I'm just trying to figure out maintenance now, but I've been there and know how it feels.

And yes. You can do it.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm 36, working mom, sell Avon, active in church. I barely have time to keep my house clean & laundry done, how on earth can I find time to exercise? I'm up at 530 & in bed at 10 as it is!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm 38 and have a simullar amount of weight to lose. Feel free to add me!!
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    You can do this! My motto tends to be "Focus on one big thing at a time and don't stress the small stuff" or something like that. I am a single working mom. I take care of my son and dog by myself, no breaks. If I think about everything I have to do, I stress, so I try not to do that. Weight loss is my one big goal right now, so everything else that doesn't have to be done, isn't a priority.

Exercise was my last major change. I focused on it for months until I was consistently doing 4-5 times a week. I exercise during my lunch breaks, doing a variety of videos or self-created workouts with a group of coworkers. I take the dog and my son on a walk in the evening if I have the energy.

Once exercise became routine, weight loss became the focus. It's a mixture of figuring out the right calorie intake and being able to maintain that by making meals that can be repurposed or are easy to make, kid-friendly and healthy. The Internet has an abundance of meal ideas, so it's just a matter of trying one thing at a time, repeating what works for me and getting rid of whatever doesn't.
  • Albenyk
    Albenyk Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 40 with 100+ to lose. I am focusing on the small goals: exercise 6 days a week, water, food journal everyday. I know from experience if I pay attention to these goals for a year and not the overall weight goal, I will be more successful.
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Add me too. I could lose 100 pounds. But at least 75. Just started low carbing.
  • michanda2015
    michanda2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. I am a 43 year-old mother of 3 very active kids. I need to loose around 80 pounds. I can offer great motivation and could use some in return. You can do this!!
  • 1lsttyme
    1lsttyme Posts: 24 Member
    I am a 42 year old mom of 2 girls. I stay at home with them and homeschool them. I have 100+ to go but I would be happy just to see 199 on the scale again!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Curious as to how you all are doing..........
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    I can relate.....I'm 41, work full time and a mom with two kids under the age of 3...my goal is to lose 100 lbs. it use to be about wanting to lose the weight, but now its become about me needing to lose this weight!

No questions about it. We can do this!!!!!
  • EmmaJean0626
    EmmaJean0626 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a new mom and I got 100lbs to Los as well. I struggled with my weight all my life. I use to weigh 280 and went to 160 in a little bit over a year. Today I have crept back into the 200s. So I'm overwhelmed. I have a 3 month old and I'm in a masters program as well so I'm scared about how this going to work. But I've done it before. It's possible you can do it and the hard part is keeping it off after you have lost. Good luck!!!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you all for posting. Not doing so well but I'm still trying to stay in the game.