At home workouts

Options
Because of two small children at home working out at a gym is not possible at this time. Any suggestions of effective at home workouts? I do have a treadmill and two 5 pound hand weights. Am looking to lose about 40 pounds. Thank you!!

Replies

• leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have just become obsessed with Fitness Blender workouts. They can be found on their website and on YouTube. Good luck!!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I really like the FitnessBlender channel on YouTube. Most of their workouts can be done with little to no equipment and can be paused whenever the kiddos need something :)
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You tube will be your best friend! Search beginner workouts, 10 minute, dance, walking workouts etc... So many possibilities!
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will check out those videos too.
  • 2babies79
    2babies79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I even have Youtube on my smart tv so that will be perfect! Thank you guys!
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    There's a specific workout on YouTube that I like to do; it requires 5-lb and 3-lb weights and is called "Get Madonna's Arms with this Workout." Silly name but very good arm/shoulder workout!
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying Lindsay Brins postnatal bootcamp! She is very effective she focuses on short but effective work outs and you really build core strength. I have the same issue little one at home and she has learned to stay on the couch and sometimes she counts the reps with me! Some times I put a you tube abc video on for her so I can work out in peace. My lo is 3 and she has learned her abc and can count to 26. Mom is getting into fitness so we all win!! Good luck!
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am loving HASfit videos on YouTube, many different types of workouts there!
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Check out the BeFit channel on youtube...lots of workout options
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I love the Tone It Up work outs. I usually just print them off and follow them, so I can have other things going on like music or a good tv series while I am doing them.
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym is a waste of money! You can get fit and lose weight all from the comforts of your home:)
    I used to go to the gym, and then realized I can easily do all of what I was doing there at home!
    For me I use YouTube quite a bit. I recently bought 10 pound weights, so I lift weights, ride my exercise bike ( which burns tons of calories) and squats, and some other basic ab crunches. I love it, and my body loves me for doing these simple things too. Note, stay in a calorie deficit and your good to go:)
  • beaucarrot
    beaucarrot Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Btw, I highly recommend the app SworkIt - it's like having a personal trainer. You open the app, select the type of workout you want and the time limit and it just starts telling you what to do and counts down to the next exercise. There are a number of workouts to try. It shows you videos of the exercises, and you can modify it in tons of ways. (I am a fan of starting with the 7 min workout, just set the timing for 2-3 go arounds.) It uses mostly body-weight resistance and you can do it anywhere - i've done workouts in my kitchen while my whole family was asleep! I even use it while at the gym, I set it to 25 min and just do it as if it were a class. You can skip exercises if you can't do them, it just subs another one in. You can create custom workouts AND - i love this feature, there is a stretching setting too so I often end with 5 minutes of full body stretching. A funny thing that having something actually lead you through can make the difference between doing it and not. If you need help because you want to work out but don't know what to do first, check this app out - I think it costs $1.
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I wanted to also mention in I have several of Leslie Sansone's DVDs for light cardio, and my son jumps in with me to go along, too. He has one pound weights, and he will join in while I'm doing other things... for a little while, haha. But I try to get his lunch or a snack ready just in case because I won't have to stop quite so much.
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sanson walk at home videos.. Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred workout!!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I only workout at home and use a variety of Jillian's DVD's and run outside or on the treadmill. My favorite Jillian DVD's are 30DS, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and Body Revolution. I just purchased her Body Revolution set and am really enjoying it. All of the workouts are only 30 minutes long. I really like her workouts b/c she combines cardio and weights.
    HTH! Good luck!
  • 2babies79
    2babies79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome! Thank you for the suggestions! :)
  • gogogo53
    gogogo53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    leanne0605 wrote: »
    I have just become obsessed with Fitness Blender workouts. They can be found on their website and on YouTube. Good luck!!

Fitness blenders for me also....
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use daily burn they have so many exercises and programs and they midify most the exercises so if you dont gave all the equipment you can still do them. I recommend trying the free trial. I have been doing it for 2 months and am down almost 20lbs. They even have a post natal program. I do it every morning before my kids get up. And you can do it anywhere on your computer, your phone, or your smart tv or even if you have a playstation or xbox.
  • xinsomnia
    xinsomnia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any social media you're on will have someone doing workouts that you can follow! I like @alexajeanfitness on Instagram!
  • wendy16256
    wendy16256 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yelp, Fitness Blender for me as well. Adorable couple who work my tail off!