Protein Powder Reccomendations

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Vega One. The Vanilla one is slightly too sweet for me unless it's mixed with some other things (milk, spinach etc) but I really like the "Green/Natural" flavour and I've never ever had any issues stomach-wise (which I have with a lot of others).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Depends ...

I drink Isopure while lifting or after a run (has electrolytes). For breakfast, I like Fitness Labs 6-protein blend. I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp proteins in my smoothies. :smile:
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    dymatize elite the smooth banana is good and unique and it dissolves well. the cafe mocha taste great and has a little caffeine and I think it they all have a few grams of BCAAs tossed in for good measure. I mix mine with unsweetened cashew milk.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Optimum Nutrition
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Trutein if you are willing to pay the extra
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    EAS 100% Vanilla Whey. You can use it as a base for all different flavors of shakes and it comes in a 5 lb bag!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Cellucor - they're all great, but mint chocolate chip is my favorite
    MusclePharm Combat Powder - cookies & cream is amazing
    Dymatize ISO-100 - I've only tried vanilla, but it's good and I'm sure the other flavors are even better
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Dymatize brand I find are the best tasting. I drink ISO 100 after a workout and Elite at night for recovery.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Cellucor - they're all great, but mint chocolate chip is my favorite
    MusclePharm Combat Powder - cookies & cream is amazing
    Dymatize ISO-100 - I've only tried vanilla, but it's good and I'm sure the other flavors are even better

Thissssss. I love this stuff.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    I will always recommend MTS as a priority because the flavors are amazing, great profile, and I support the CEO, Marc Lobliner.

Two other brands I'll recommend would be Cellucor or Dymatize.

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I use, Body Fortress isolate whey protein, both the vanilla and chocolate are good and mix well with water. They have a good protein to calorie ratio and you can get it a Walmart for $21 bucks, I've seen it there on special for 18.88. It works.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Quest Vanilla! Tastes like a milkshake! 100 calories per scoop and full of protein!
  • Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    I have a silly question.....I will fess up ahead of time....why are people so into protein powders? So many of the foods you eat provide protein, I just am not sure why this is such a popular option...sounds yummy though
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Kenellen1 wrote: »
    I have a silly question.....I will fess up ahead of time....why are people so into protein powders? So many of the foods you eat provide protein, I just am not sure why this is such a popular option...sounds yummy though

For me, personally, I don't get enough protein and protein powder was an easy way to help me meet that macro.
  • Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks Pika!
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    TheSurge0n wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey protein- chocolate flavor is good.
    I have been using this one

Agree
  • Erin_Graves
    Erin_Graves Posts: 5 Member
    I buy whey isolate from the bulk store. No flavour or sweetener. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and a bit of maple syrup. I also stir it into oatmeal. It's cheap and versatile!
  • BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    I just started using Intek Evolution. It's pretty good. I also discovered Muscle Egg, which is pasteurized egg whites that are chocolate flavored. Sounds disgusting but they actually have a pretty decent taste. When mixed together, I get 55 grams of protein.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    I wanted a non-dairy protein powder and use Source Naturals, Pea Protein Power. It has one ingredient - pea protein concentrate. I'm a foodie and prefer to add my own flavors. Don't get it if you want something that will be yummy just mixed with liquid.

francesgenao - I mostly put it in smoothies but also in other things for which I want to boost the protein count.
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Cellucor or Mutant - I find that they are both good in the tummy department. I've gotten that awful gut feeling with a few (don't remember the names), but both of these brands have worked well for me.