WEIRD!

Options
Ok so I workout regularly. I don't lose weight and I'm ok with bat because I feel stronger and better than I have on a long time! Question though.....recently I stopped working for like a week and a half, due to schedule issues and just being busy(both kids in baseball, a hubby that travels and I work full time!) and I lost 2 pounds. This week I'm back to working out.....gained a pound back! Just very frustrating! And wondering how/why? The only change was taking a workout break and the getting back into it. I've been doing Insanity.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Natural fluctuation, and a decrease in water due to decreased exercise.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    djwife03 wrote: »
    Ok so I workout regularly. I don't lose weight and I'm ok with bat because I feel stronger and better than I have on a long time! Question though.....recently I stopped working for like a week and a half, due to schedule issues and just being busy(both kids in baseball, a hubby that travels and I work full time!) and I lost 2 pounds. This week I'm back to working out.....gained a pound back! Just very frustrating! And wondering how/why? The only change was taking a workout break and the getting back into it. I've been doing Insanity.

Your body's weight has a lot of variation yo.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh yourself monthly and find if your avarage is the same
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Water weight. I frequently find I see a loss if I take a light week and a gain if I up the intensity or add a new kind of workout.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    djwife03 wrote: »

Your body's weight has a lot of variation yo.
    Yes
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Yep, your muscles are releasing extra water.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories while you are working out? If not, some people eat more than normal when they work out.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You're eating more when you work out.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Try weighing yourself at random times of day, different days of the week, when you work out or don't, etc. Your weight can fluctuate something crazy like five pounds throughout the day, so this isn't anything too weird. Trying weighing yourself once a week at the same time of day and see what happens.