Coconut Oil & Peanut Butter Chips

Options
Tribbey143
Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
Coconut Oil & Peanut Butter Chips

Just found this recipe and giving it a try!

3 Tbsp coconut oil, softened (warm is ok, melted is good, but try not to have it hot)
3 Tbsp of your favorite peanut butter or other nut butter (I used chocolate PB2)
a drizzle of sweetener (I used- Pure Liquid™ Vanilla Stevia) – you will probably want to taste the mixture and adjust the sweetener amount
dash of sea salt or himalayan crystal salt (I skipped this part mostly because I forgot...)

Directions: Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Line a plate with wax paper (the wax paper is optional–it just saves you from washing the plate!). Plop or pipe the mixture in blobs onto the plate, and place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes (depending on how warm the mixture is). Eat! These will keep in the freezer for a few weeks, and they stay firm in the fridge too.

Replies

• Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I added a little pink himalayan crystal salt on top, they turned out so good! Here is the link http://www.thrive-style.com/2014/03/8213/
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I make something similar, but I add dark chocolate, sweetened coconut flakes and no added sweeteners. I freeze them in a flexible candy mold and have one for dessert when I make them. Tastes like an Almond Joy. Mmmm. Going to make some tomorrow. Thanks for posting. :)
  • Auntiejj123
    Auntiejj123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Made these and my #1 son ate most of them. His sweet tooth is insatiable! Simple and so tasty. Thanks