Any beginning advice?

Options
I was really into working out early in the academic year. Kind of fell into a lull as I got busier and now as the year is winding down I've completely lost any motivation to go work out! Really want to get back into it again. Any tips for getting that surge again? If I think about it, my desire to be healthy was really strong but now I seem to have no motivation ;(

Replies

• fattylardkins
    fattylardkins Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooh yikes I found my motivation on the scale.
  • Brownblossom87
    Brownblossom87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done, just stick with it. I normally scan all my foods and stay under my calorie budget.
  • fattylardkins
    Options
    Easier said than done, just stick with it. I normally scan all my foods and stay under my calorie budget.

Thanks for the advice! :)
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Motivation is just temporary. It's discipline that keeps us going. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. You just have to push yourself to stay on track. I find myself always saying I'll workout tomorrow but tomorrow never comes. Take baby steps starting with nutrition. Try to count you calories, plan ahead and eat healthy for a few weeks. Then slowly get into working out. If you do everything at once and expect your body to adjust your setting yourself up for failure.
  • fattylardkins
    Options
    joe3052 wrote: »
    Motivation is just temporary. It's discipline that keeps us going. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. You just have to push yourself to stay on track. I find myself always saying I'll workout tomorrow but tomorrow never comes. Take baby steps starting with nutrition. Try to count you calories, plan ahead and eat healthy for a few weeks. Then slowly get into working out. If you do everything at once and expect your body to adjust your setting yourself up for failure.

Nicely put! Thanks! :smiley: