Too much exercise disease?

Options
Becky1971
Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
A guy I know got kicked out of the Army because he said he has a disease that causes him to shut down with too much exercise. Is this in fact true? I don't mean for the day, but he said it will happen for a week or two where he can't even walk. I tried looking it up, but haven't found anything. Does anyone know?

Replies

• sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "shut down?"

Edited because I reread the post. What? I've never heard of anything like this, but more so I'm perplexed that they let him in. Something makes no sense here. That said, they're purging the military left and right.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but one never can know. It seems plausible. That would really stink to have a condition like that!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    I don't know all the details of shutting down, but he isn't able to walk or do anything for a week or two after he reaches a point of too much... I don't know if it's for real, I was surprised he went into the military in the first place, but seemed a pretty far fetched story to tell my husband.
    What do you mean by "shut down?"

Edited because I reread the post. What? I've never heard of anything like this, but more so I'm perplexed that they let him in. Something makes no sense here. That said, they're purging the military left and right.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I was in the Army for 20 years and never heard of that one. I am suspicious that he is making up a story to cover up something else.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it does sound suspicious, but they let my dad out of the draft because he had flat feet and was allergic to eggs. During the vietnam era, no less.

He served in the Army reserve, in case anybody was worried that he was a draft-dodger, not the case! He was disappointed to be sent away.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    I asked my husband if it was Fibromyalgia and he said yes! Thats what it was. When I first read your reply I thought, in a man? But then read the link. I have read about it in the past, and have thought about it being a possibility for me, but wow Guess that would explain a lot about this young man, he had worked for my husband at the store, and in our home, so it definitely explains a lot about him.
  • gertbyc
    gertbyc Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh wow-- that was just a guess since one of my friends has it, and the symptoms sounded similar. Such a painful and frustrating illness to have to live with, unfortunately.