carbs vs protien

Options
Hi, im on 1200 calories a day. The automatic nutrition gadget puts me on 50% carbs, 30 % protien and 20% sugar. Just wondering if its ok to reduce my carbs and increase my protien to feel fuller and help with weight loss?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its fine, get the balance right for you and spend more time focusing on your deficit.
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You can split it how ever you want, I'm on 45% protein, 35% fat and 20% carbs and still losing at a deficit. As long as you get a proportion of all of them to keep you helathy, it really is whatever works for you! :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Do what works for you because if it doesn't whats the point? Life long goals work best- Its all about the calories once you hit your minimum protein and fats..
  • DanPonting
    DanPonting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Macro ratio isn't important, it comes down to calories in/calories out. Protein and fats do help with satiety, but don't be under the conception that reduces carbohydrates is more optimal for fat loss.

Generally people lose weight on low carb diets because they eliminate a food group and don't replace those calories with protein or fats. Also the initial glycogen depletion makes people think they've lost a lot of fat, when really they've lost weight. Weight loss and fat loss aren't the exact same thing.