Need motivation and support

Options
No friends yet. Lost 10 lbs in a week and then plateaued. I've been eating 1200 calories and exercising when it's nice out. Feeling discouraged.

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey Don't Give Up! 10 lbs In A Week Is Unhealthy, That May Be Why You Plateaued. You Wanna Shoot To Lose Anywhere From A Half A Lb To 1 Lb A Week To Keep From Damaging You Metabolism.. I'd Say You Need To Up The Calories A Bit. Or Reverse Diet..
  • CaseyReneeBrownGraham
    Options
    I ate the recommended calories. And just took a walk around the block after dinner. Idk how I lost so much. Since then I lowered the calorie intake to 1200 but haven't been exercising as much.
  • CaseyReneeBrownGraham
    Options
    thanks for your advice! I ate the recommended calories. And just took a walk around the block after dinner. Idk how I lost so much. Since then I lowered the calorie intake to 1200 but haven't been exercising as much.

• drewchiu1
    drewchiu1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How many meals are you eating per day and how much water are you taking in. Typically, the initial weight loss is mostly water weight. Very important to eat healthy. Also try doing your walks first thing in the morning. Your body burns fat a lot faster by doing so.
  • CaseyReneeBrownGraham
    Options
    I eat about 5x a day. I only drink water, but I hate it so I know I'm not drinking enough. I can't walk until my husband gets home from work because it's too cold out for our babies.
  • amspmfp
    amspmfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat about 5x a day. I only drink water, but I hate it so I know I'm not drinking enough. I can't walk until my husband gets home from work because it's too cold out for our babies.

I never liked the taste of water either, so I've been using "singles to go" 5 calories mixes- they come in several flavors. I always drink at least 8 cups, usually more.
    Over time I gradually put less mix , slowly trying to get used to plain water - now occasionally I have plain water and its not so bad like it used to be :smile: