quit smoking to increase calories

OK, so I decided, yesterday, that enough is enough. I cannot meet my daily intake because I just don't want to eat. Smoking pretty much caps your hunger, so I decided that weight gain surpasses the sweet sweet feeling of nicotine coarsing through your body (crap, now I want a cigarette). Anyways, can someone recommend healthy "fillers" for when I crave a cigarette? I need something that tastes good too.
Keep in mind, I'm at work most of the time, so I'm limited on what to eat.

Replies

• monica_eccleston
    monica_eccleston Posts: 1 Member
    roasted chic peas, protein bars, sweet potato chips, carrots, celery, almonds, raisins, lightly salted popcorn, cliff bars, kind bars, baked kale chips, apple, Oreos (they're vegan), baked lays, pb&j, dried fruit, nut and dried fruit trail mix..
    that's all I can think of that'd be easy to take to work. hope it helps!
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    LOL!!! oreos are vegan? thats crazy talk...I had no idea :)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    I'd try not to use food as a substitute. Chew some gum to take care of the oral fixation, and try to stay busy.

Quitting smoking sucks. I tried and failed a few times. Good luck.
  • CBworkout91
    CBworkout91 Posts: 26 Member
    Try Reese's cups. 1 pack = 210.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2015
    almonds, peanut peanut. Anything you can munch on that has a high amount of good fats. I am a chain smoker but it hasn't hindered my macros and I am still losing body fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I'd go with gum or a low-calorie hard candy. Depends on why you were smoking, imo. If you smoke out of boredom, eating food probably isn't a good idea.