confused with my weight =.=

Options
guys .. I need help on my weight... :( whenever I weigh
its 140, sometimes 142, today i weigh 145
the only thing I ate is an oatmeal the old fashion and a sandwich
this is my chart for today .. Iv been on that chart for 2 days now...

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Quaker Oats Old Fashioned - Oat Meal, 1/2 Cup dry 150 27 3 5 Ico_delete
Alta Dena - 2% Reduced Fat Milk, 1 oz 18 2 1 1 Ico_delete
C&H - Pure Cane Sugar - Individual Packets, 1 packet (3.5g) 15 4 0 0 Ico_delete
Add Food
Quick Tools
183 33 4 6
Lunch
Sara Lee - Soft & Smooth, Whole Grain White Bread, 2 Slices 150 28 2 6 Ico_delete
Heinz - Tomato Ketchup, 1 tbsp (17g) 15 4 0 0 Ico_delete
Mustard - Yellow, 1 tsp or 1 packet 3 0 0 0 Ico_delete
Oscar Mayer - Ham Cooked Variety Pack 96% Fat Free, 1 slice 25 0 1 5 Ico_delete
Add Food
Quick Tools
193 32 3 11
Dinner
Add Food
Quick Tools

Snacks
Add Food
Quick Tools

Totals 376 65 7 17
Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45
Remaining 824 100 33 28
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Was there something wrong on the time I weigh?
Which is the best time of the day I should check my weigh?
I need to lose in a month for my sister in law's wedding
my target is 120lbs ... before i started dieting last 3 days I am 143lbs

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    you could be eating not enough idk ? 376 cals is nearly not enough to function your body properly
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey my weight does the exact same thing. I fluctuate 5lbs in the same day sometimes. Its normal. Weigh yourself during the same time of day.
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    did you check the sodium? or maybe is your TOM?? ;)
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    you're not eating nearly enough! mfp gives you a calorie goal for a reason: because thats how much you should be eating!

you'll be surprised how eating healthy (ie, enough) will help you lose weight. eat some food, girl!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    wow 376 calories!
    As hard as it is to believe you need to eat more to loose weight!
    For ages i ddin't believe this..
    I started at 1,500 and i was eating too much i was putting on weight,
    so then i dropped to 1,000 didnt loose any.
    dropped to 800, didnt loose any,
    dropped to 500, didnt loose any.
    dropped so low that i made it so that my net calories where in the minuses (by burning more calories a day than i eat).
    and none of that worked, i didnt shift a pound in 2 years!
    infact overall i gained 5 pounds...
    but since i went up to my MFP recommended goal i havent lost a pound yet, but i can definately feel my body starting to work for me!
    And i no if i can switch what im eating from junk to healthy food il shred the weight.
    hopefully! lol
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Seriously, eat more. You body will freak out. Your body is holding on to the fat because it thinks it is starving. Hit your 1200, you will feel great and lose faster. Your weight loss is built into your goals.
  • vintageeve
    vintageeve Posts: 14
    Options
    I just had my lunch and ..that sandwich ...
    I am really confuse as to what my exact weight is...
    and as lisabel is saying..
    yea it fluctates and that makes me confuse and I dunno which time of the day should I weigh myself
    and I am thinking if stool can affect your weight too
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    your body needs calories to loose weight. I set myself at 1200 calories. Drink LOTS of water 64 oz a day. It takes time....
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options
    I weigh myself in the AM before I do anything else and then I resist the rest of the day. Plus remember it is not only about weight, it is about inches. The weight loss will come.

Once again eat your calories. My mom lost her hair eating 800 a day. I am sure you do not want to be bald.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating at least 1200 net calories daily. You want the remaining calories at the bottom to be as CLOSE to zero as you can possibly get it. THAT is when you will lose weight. If you exercise, eat those calories back. THAT is when you will lose weight. Choose HEALTHY foods, lots of veggies and lean proteins. THAT is when you will lose weight. Seriously. It is what works for 95% of the population.

As for when to weigh... the most effective time is first thing in the morning, right after you've gone to the bathroom and naked. It will give you the most accurate idea of where you're at. If that isn't possible, find a time that IS possible when you can ALWAYS weigh at the same time. Otherwise, your numbers will get screwy.

I hope I helped and good luck!
  • vintageeve
    vintageeve Posts: 14
    Options
    I weigh myself in the AM before I do anything else and then I resist the rest of the day. Plus remember it is not only about weight, it is about inches. The weight loss will come.

Once again eat your calories. My mom lost her hair eating 800 a day. I am sure you do not want to be bald.

Omg... thats not good ..eating 800 a day makes you bald.. geez.. >.<
    yea...I have to eat more 800+ cal tonight ...to reach 1200 :)
  • DropsOJupiter
    DropsOJupiter Posts: 131
    Options
    I weight one time a week only, first thing in the morning. The body does fluctuate during the day, up to 5 pounds. When I don't make progress towards my goal, I review several areas, including getting enough calories, drinking enough water, getting enough rest and decreasing stress levels...which also impact weight. Too, processed foods tend to have an incredible amount of sodium and other chemicals. Hope this helps with your assessment! And yes...at LEAST 1200 calories a day!
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options
    My mom almost going bald when I was 12 stuck with me. I always eat my calories, no matter what. I have lost 30 pounds in 5 months with no problem. AND all my hair. My goal is 1430 a day.
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options
    I hate when it duplicates my post.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just had my lunch and ..that sandwich ...
    I am really confuse as to what my exact weight is...
    and as lisabel is saying..
    yea it fluctates and that makes me confuse and I dunno which time of the day should I weigh myself
    and I am thinking if stool can affect your weight too

In my opinion it doesn't really matter what time of day you weigh in (although generally you will weigh less in the morning). I don't weigh myself more than once a week and at the same time. So for me it's Wednesday evenings. Pick a date and time that works for you and be consistent.

And make sure you're eating enough.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I hit the scale once a week, and whenever the number's lower, I'm scared to celebrate because in the back of my head, i'm thinking it's water weight.
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Help Please!

I have been reading trying to figure this calorie counting out. I am using the counter that is on here. I get myself very close to my goal calories without going over and then when I go back and put in the exercise I have done for the day It says I am way under and could go into starvation mode. What am I doing wrong?
  • akaMrsmojo
    Options
    I am betting you are not eating your exercise calories. You need to eat those back or your body will freak and your metabolism with slow. I always eat my exercise calories and I have lost 40 pounds.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    To the OP: that's really not enough food to survive on the for the day. When you eat too little, your body can have a panic and madly try to hold onto anything it can get. This will NOT help you lose weight.
    Have a look online for a healthy eating plan to reach 1200 (or whatever MPF recommends for you). Make sure you get some fruit and veges every day and that you do some exercise - walking is a great way to get started.
  • Saat221
    Saat221 Posts: 2
    Options
    weight is is a number that is going to flucuate depending on the amount of food you eat and liquids you consume, weight loss in a whole can be noticed in many different ways from your clothes fitting better to felling better and visually seeing reduction in problem areas, .im not sure how much you excercise a day but i can definetly say that with what you have eaten today it is very easy for your body to be going into startvation mode from a lack of food and is holding and storing everything ,i would try eating some more good healthy foods and excercise and see if that doesnt help with your weight being stuck in a rut , dont forget the water