Quest bars

Options
2»

Replies

• jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm prob the only one in these forums that thinks quest bars taste like shyt.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I eat one or two quest bars a day... no probs here
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far, but I do find the hype around them a little...shall we say, unwarranted.

But each to their own!

:drinker:
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be fine since it's only a couple times a week and I only eat them for protein! Also could I have come examples of compound weights? Other than deadlifts, pull ups and squats

Overhead presses and rows.

I've never had a quest bar, but thinking of ordering some!
  • mena352
    mena352 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the quest bars always have it with my coffee, I eat clean and if that's the only "bad" thing you eat don't feel guilty, I don't... Not too much in calories and fills me..
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are my absolute favorite. I eat them quite often as I'm constantly on the go and work out a lot. If you are worried about clean eating, I'm not sure how they stack up there. I'm all about balance and everything in moderation, so I couldn't tell you much about how much they are processed or how "clean" they are. They are high in fiber, low in sugar, and high in protein though, which are all great! As far as peanut butter, it's an awesome choice as well. It's high in protein and the healthy fats your body needs. It helps you feel satisfied longer after eating it and is delicious!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I have recently started eating one Quest bar a day due to the fiber that is in them.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    mena352 wrote: »
    I love the quest bars always have it with my coffee, I eat clean and if that's the only "bad" thing you eat don't feel guilty, I don't... Not too much in calories and fills me..

Right there with you...they are my morning "cookie" with my coffee. They just rolled out a mint chocolate chunk too...
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options

After all the posts I've seen on this board about how great they are, I ordered a variety pack. I had my first bar this morning - Apple Pie. Ick...sawdust with chunks of dehydrated apple followed by a chemical aftertaste. Are they all going to taste this bad? :#

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »

After all the posts I've seen on this board about how great they are, I ordered a variety pack. I had my first bar this morning - Apple Pie. Ick...sawdust with chunks of dehydrated apple followed by a chemical aftertaste. Are they all going to taste this bad? :#

This made me laugh! No, they don't all taste that bad. I suggest trying the other flavors in your variety pack and seeing if you like any of those. The first one I tried was the brownie one, and it tasted just like you described. Next I tried the oreo one. It was okay, but not great. Finally I tried Strawberry Cheesecake, and OMG I love it. I've read that you can microwave them for like ten or fifteen seconds and it will help with the taste, I haven't tried doing that though.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far, but I do find the hype around them a little...shall we say, unwarranted.

But each to their own!

:drinker:

I agree. They are good, but over-hyped and aren't as "clean" as everyone seems to think.

Quest bars are ok, but I have tried others I like more than Quest. The one I like the most is Cookies & Cream, which seems to be very popular with a lot of people.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ok, I tried the chocolate brownie one this morning. It was a tiny bit better than the apple pie. But all in all, I'm still not a fan.

I did notice the extra fiber today. Guess that is why there is this cardboard/sawdust quality to them.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    lol!! that is the worst one. The ones with big chunks of stuff in them are best: cookies n cream, smore, chocolate mint, cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry. I really dont like the others...they are too much powerbars in their consistency.

The apple one specifically was also the first ones I bought...thought it had a strange salty taste. My son, though, thinks they are the best BECAUSE of the salty taste...go figure.
  • flaswtness
    flaswtness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I purchase my Quest bars at GNC when the are Buy 3 get One free and I use my $10.00 of a $20.00 email coupon. I bought 12 and they came to $1.34 a bar.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love them! Especially the raspberry/white chocolate and the strawberry cheesecake! Yummo! Having one right now actually! LOL
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »

I was super excited to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough last week... they were good, but then I had the same chemical aftertaste that I COULD. NOT. get rid of. So disappointed! I'll stick with my ThinkThin bars.
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Quest bars aren't terrible, but they're one of many many products containing Sucralose (not all do, but some), which is starting to show some really negative effects...I recommend the Oh Yeah! Victory bars...very similar, but better ingredients :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Quest bars aren't terrible, but they're one of many many products containing Sucralose (not all do, but some), which is starting to show some really negative effects...I recommend the Oh Yeah! Victory bars...very similar, but better ingredients :)

What negative effects?