Artic Zero Ice Cream

Options
Has anyone tried this before? Seems like a good alternative if your craving ice cream.

A walmart near me sells them and I'm debating on trying it sometime, when I get a craving for ice cream. However, I know it probably wouldn't be the same (obviously.)

What's your thoughts/reviews?

https://arcticzero.com/

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    If you like eating shaved ice cubes with about a tablespoon of watered-down kool aid as the flavoring, you'll probably enjoy it. Otherwise, not so much.
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I purchased raspberries flavor and it was horrible!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Eh, I can fit a serving or two of ice cream into my calories most nights, so I'll pass.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    If you like eating shaved ice cubes with about a tablespoon of watered-down kool aid as the flavoring, you'll probably enjoy it. Otherwise, not so much.

LOL!! Hilarious! Yeah, that was about it! I tried cookies and cream. I would rather cut back somewhere else and just fit regular ice cream or even light ice cream in my day!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

Eww fishy noodles and faux ice cream? I pass... I pass a thousand times.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it pretty much tastes like nothing. Not terrible, just...devoid of flavor.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think the salted caramel is not bad although I just use it to top my protein mug cake; I dont eat it on its own right out of the carton.....
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! ;)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! **;)

**technically gelato...otherwise I agree
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! **;)

**technically gelato...otherwise I agree

Fair point :P
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You should just buy sherbet.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've only tried two flavors. The first was cookies & cream, and it was essentially tasteless with a weird slushy texture. I took two bites and threw the rest of the $5 pint in the trash. When they came out with the new chunk flavors, I bought a pint of the Cookie Dough Chip. It's a HUGE improvement on the old flavors, and it has actual cookie dough chunks and chocolate pieces, which made a big difference. I ate the whole pint of that one and I'd definitely buy it again, but I typically stick to real ice cream these days.

My tips would be:
    1. Stick to the new flavors. Cookie Dough Chip, Buttery Pecan, Cool Mint Chip, Key Lime Pie.
    2. Don't expect these to taste like Ben & Jerry's. You'll be disappointed.
    3. Right out of the freezer, this stuff is hard as a rock. Microwave it for about 7 seconds before eating and that will improve the consistency a lot.
    4. Toppings! I would take 2 servings of the Cookie Dough Chip and top it with a Chocolate Chip Fiber One brownie, Walden Farms chocolate syrup, and fat free whipped cream. It was actually a really great dessert during my cut.
    5. If you can fit in real ice cream, do it and skip the Arctic Zero. But if you're in a strict cut and can't fit it in without going hungry during other parts of the day, then give it a shot.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Dryers has a "no sugar added" line up that to me is much closer to the real deal and not too bad on the calories. I tried a few Arctic Zeros and did not finish a couple because they were just so bad. Glad to see some folks agree.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I bought the peanut butter cup flavor.

It's a lie.
  • callerovia
    callerovia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the ones that I've tried, but you definitely have to let them melt a bit before using them. I have had the toasted coconut and the vanilla maple. Both are decent.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! ;)

OMG Talenti................ SO DELICIOUS
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting. Seriously gross. I'd rather be chubby then eat it. For real.
  • jlmoormann
    jlmoormann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is basically frozen protein fluff. I enjoy them. I've had most of the flavors and even the 'creamy' 150 cal per pint are okay. Like other posters have said, they are NOT Ben & Jerry's. But if you are looking for a mildly sweet cool frozen treat, they work for me. I like the cookie shake, hint of mint and coffee. Haven't tried the 'chunky' for 300 cals a pint. I prefer having these around because if I have the 'real stuff' I'll wind up eating all of it. Still working on portion control and making good choices. I don't usually eat the whole pint, .25 or .5 and I feel like I'm good. I also agree with the need to let it soften up. The strawberry is especially gummy to me.

I personally don't think they are as terrible as a lot of others do, but your mileage may vary.

...I also just discovered shirataki noodles and think they are great. I use them with asian dishes as the soy/vinegar based flavors pair better than tomato based in my opinion. I generally try and stick with 'real' food as opposed to faux comfort food, but sometimes I mix in some of the fad stuff to get me through.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it.

My preference is to become a sweets snob and be choosy about what I'm willing to spend calories on. If I only have a small number left, I'd rather go for a square of high quality chocolate or some berries. Plus, really good ice cream or gelato isn't that high in calories, so I can make it fit often enough and don't miss being able to eat insane amounts. (Well, most of the time.)