favorite HIIT exercise

I've been trying various HIIT workouts and sometimes I create my own variations to mix it up. It ranges from the common burpees, jump squats, mountain climbers to kickboxing combos to jump roping and jumping jacks. What is your favorite?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    tabata HIIT jump rope.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Insanity...love love love it
  • brad837
    brad837 Posts: 53 Member
    Kettlebell sprints: grab two KBs, space them approximately 30-35 paces apart. Set your stop watch for 20 minutes, do 10 KB swings and spring to the other KB. Do 10 more swings and spring back. Keep doing that for the 20 minutes.

You'll be gassed!
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    brad837 wrote: »
    Kettlebell sprints: grab two KBs, space them approximately 30-35 paces apart. Set your stop watch for 20 minutes, do 10 KB swings and spring to the other KB. Do 10 more swings and spring back. Keep doing that for the 20 minutes.

You'll be gassed!

Sounds fun!! Thanks for the idea!
  • brad837
    brad837 Posts: 53 Member
    brad837 wrote: »
    Kettlebell sprints: grab two KBs, space them approximately 30-35 paces apart. Set your stop watch for 20 minutes, do 10 KB swings and sprint to the other KB. Do 10 more swings and sprint back. Keep doing that for the 20 minutes, back and for with as little rest as possible...

You'll be gassed!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Running up/down hills when outside, getting out the tow straps and pulling my buddy's vehicle across a parking lot a few times, and tire flipping (though my gym's tire is exceedingly small/easy) are some of my tops. Bike sprints are fun too!
  • Fitiny
    Fitiny Posts: 24 Member
    You should check fitnessblender.com they've got great HIIT videos. I do those when I can't get to the gym.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Sprinting & speed ladder drills
    Dynamax ball slams
    Boxing a heavy bag
    Battling rope sledgehammers
    Medicine ball throw-overs (throw heavy ball over head for distance)
    Jumping lunges
    Pushing / pulling a prowler
    Various fast step-up drills on a box