1 month to drop a dress size

Options
2»

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Return the dress and pick something else out...
    You are still recovering from an eating disorder and want to go back to losing weight.. Not a good ideal. The dress is not more important than your health.
    Good Luck. :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ... Help? Haha well about the why I didn't plan ahead? I have been trying to recover from an eating disorder and have Really been struggling so thanks for those comments.. It was the only dress and I love it and they only had one. Only encouragement please!

Sorry, you don't get to trot out unrealistic or unhealthy goals and then say you only want encouragement.

You don't buy a dress that doesn't fit.

The dress isn't the goal. A healthy body is the goal. Even the teeniest (or most voluptuous) sized women will find certain dresses that fit and flatter, and just as many others that don't.

And, if you are battling disordered eating? YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT PICK THE DRESS AND THEN MAKE THE BODY TRY TO FIT. You have your body. Find a dress to fit. The very idea of putting the dress as the goal? Is disordered. Super unhealthy and not a good choice for your recovery. SHAME on whomever thought that it was acceptable to sell you a dress based on the notion of dieting to fit it. That's messed up thinking, and downright hateful to someone with an ED.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm guessing a history of competing in pageants didn't help with that either. They teach some pretty messed-up body image stuff in those circles.

OP, give the dress back and get something else. And speak to your counsellor about your desire to lose more weight. If you're in recovery from an ED, you should recognize the disordered pattern here and work to break out of it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Reduce carbs and sodium to drop a little water weight, along with a modest calorie deficit, invest in some spanks and hope for the best.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You're not going to fit in that dress no matter what. Either give up the pageant or get another dress. And go to the teens' page, not here.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ... Help? Haha well about the why I didn't plan ahead? I have been trying to recover from an eating disorder and have Really been struggling so thanks for those comments.. It was the only dress and I love it and they only had one. Only encouragement please!

You're battling an eating disorder? The only thing I have to say at this point is please go talk to your doctor and therapist now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would look into an alteration.
  • unstoppablyfit
    unstoppablyfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Sorry, you don't get to trot out unrealistic or unhealthy goals and then say you only want encouragement.

The dress isn't the goal. A healthy body is the goal. Even the teeniest (or most voluptuous) sized women will find certain dresses that fit and flatter, and just as many others that don't.

And, if you are battling disordered eating? YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT PICK THE DRESS AND THEN MAKE THE BODY TRY TO FIT. You have your body. Find a dress to fit. The very idea of putting the dress as the goal? Is disordered. Super unhealthy and not a good choice for your recovery. SHAME on whomever thought that it was acceptable to sell you a dress based on the notion of dieting to fit it. That's messed up thinking, and downright hateful to someone with an ED.

I actually put it back but it was my mom who took me back to the store and said if I lose 10lbs it will fit and its beautiful.. I k ow, disordered..
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    1. The question about age was not answered.
    2. 10lbs in one month is not a guarantee that the dress will fit
    3. 10lbs in one month is not appropriate for someone recovering from an eating disorder.

None of this is remotely a good idea. These issues and questions need to be discussed with your treatment team. I hope you have good support at home, despite the impression I get from this thread.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    OP... what is most important to YOU? The dress or your long term health? This is what is important to you, not what is important to your mom.
  • unstoppablyfit
    Options
    My mother just said "if it were me I would me weighing myself everyday abs counting every single calorie"
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    My mother just said "if it were me I would me weighing myself everyday abs counting every single calorie"

As the mom of 3 teen-aged girls?

I'm really, REALLY mad at your mom.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Not much on this forum makes me sad, but this thread does.

I am horribly upset and disappointed with the OP's mom. I guess the best, prettiest dress is more important than her daughter's health.

I am so sorry to the OP. You deserve better than that.

Same :'(

Just...wow. She knows you have an eating disorder, right? And I thought my mum was in denial when I told her about mine many, many years ago :\. (((hugs))) to you sweetie. As Shell said, you deserve better.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    OP, is this pageant something you want to do, or something your mother wants you to do? Honestly, I'd be telling her to stick the dress and the pageant where the sun don't shine. It's just not worth it.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I actually put it back but it was my mom who took me back to the store and said if I lose 10lbs it will fit and its beautiful.. I k ow, disordered..

This makes me very angry at your mom.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    10 pounds might make it so you can zip up the dress... But you'll probably have a muffin top everywhere.... If you can't even zip it up now 10 pounds really won't matter.

Can you please answer the age question.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    10 pounds might make it so you can zip up the dress... But you'll probably have a muffin top everywhere.... If you can't even zip it up now 10 pounds really won't matter.

Can you please answer the age question.

Am wondering this more and more
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OP, there is no guarantee that the dress will fit you if you lose 10 pounds, 15 pounds, or 20 pounds. For example: no matter how much weight I lose, I have broad shoulders for a woman. I could lose all the weight in the world, but I'll never fit in to a Petite coat because the shoulder bones ain't moving. There are also dresses I will never fit. And ones that will fit, but will not look good.

Take the dress back and get a beautiful dress that fits and flatters your body as it is right now.
  • unstoppablyfit
    Options
    Thanks everyone 17