Metabolism "reset"?

Options
2»

Replies

• ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you all so much! I appreciate the people who genuinely want to help those in need- like myself. I am feeling better knowing the WORST case scenario is 15% LOST. and yes, I have hypothyroidism as well. Doesn't that affect it more?
  • ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    When people talk about metabolism reset, they are more likely referring to metabolic efficiency. Do a Google search with that term and there is some good information and studies out there on how best to accommodate metabolic efficiency at different points in weight loss, maint, or bulking.

Will do, thanks!
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go with 1800 push through. Pushing through will make you seriously reevaluate your food choices - you will think about what you can eat to stay satiated for longer, like eggs and tuna for breakfast and brocoli instead of potatoes.
    You will be constantly hungry for a month, and you won't be able to "afford" most tasty foods but it gets better after a while.
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well maybe 1800 is a bit low, try 2200 for a week so that you don't feel too miserable and tempted to quit.
  • Tigger422RM
    Tigger422RM Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    and yes, I have hypothyroidism as well. Doesn't that affect it more?
    Are you being treated for the hypothyroid? If so and if your levels are normal, it shouldn't. It may affect it a little bit (edited to add - if your levels are still off, it may have a bit of an effect), but it shouldn't make too much of a difference where you're at. If what you're doing is working for you, just keep doing it! :) If you do want to boost your metabolism, the best thing you can do is exercise. Strength training is great for that and there are a lot of resources online for bodyweight exercises (no equipment needed!) but even just adding a little extra walking will help.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think you should be eating more than 1,800. Go with what MFP calculates. Slower is better. Don't lose the forest because you're obsessing over the trees.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    If you are insulin resistant look into Paleo or low carb or low carb high fat. Highly recommended for those with metabolic issues and lots of support in those groups.