Just Begining

Kayla2302
Kayla2302 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am so ready to get to work on getting this extra weight off of me. I'm counting calories and trying to eat healthy. I've got everything out of the house that I shouldn't have to help me from getting tempted. I was doing real good before the holidays hit me and it's been so hard, but they are over with and I'm ready to get to work. I heard about my fitnesspal from a friend and I can use all the help I can get. It's going to take a little while to understand how this site works but so far it looks great.

Replies

• I am so ready to get to work on getting this extra weight off of me. I'm counting calories and trying to eat healthy. I've got everything out of the house that I shouldn't have to help me from getting tempted. I was doing real good before the holidays hit me and it's been so hard, but they are over with and I'm ready to get to work. I heard about my fitnesspal from a friend and I can use all the help I can get. It's going to take a little while to understand how this site works but so far it looks great.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    welcome!
  • I just started too, and I find the site really easy to navigate. I took a day off for Christmas, and now it's back to business! Good luck to you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Kayla, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    hey Kayla welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: Glad to have you:drinker:
  • I've finally gotten serious about getting these extra pounds off once and for all. I can't tell you how nervous I am about failure, but for myself & my family I've finally recognized the danger of continuing on the path I've been on for many years now. Fitness & exercise wise, I have given myself every tool necessary. My biggest downfall has always been what I put in my mouth each day - not unhealthy food, but far too much food for my body to possibly think about ridding each day. I'm committed now to writing down every mouth full to realistically reach my goal weight this year. Thank you for giving me this forum for support.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    dareric, Charilee7 & Kayla WELCOME, WELCOME & WELCOME

You'll love it here!! Everyone is so supportive & you'll find so many inspiring people!! I encourage you to use all that MFP has to offer: the fod log/ excercise log, msg boards, etc.!! It'll keep you active & motivated! Did I mention that you'll love it here??!! Oh yes, I did!! :wink:

I wish you all much success on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.