No matter what, i am the same weight day after day

Options
I am 5'3 female.
My pre-preg weight was 120lbs, i was it for years. I was 140lbs for a year after my first child, i hated it but didn't do much in the way of losing the weight until a year later, and i went down to 126lbs. I wasn't logging all of my food, i was just eating properly, and little amounts.

Now i am back at 140lbs after my second child, and the weight will not budge. On my worst days i go up to 140lbs, but on an average day i am 138lbs. I have had days of eating pretty much nothing, i've had days of eating well, i do a lot of physcial work in the garden (we're totally redoing the garden and i do a lot of the heavy lifting). I was really poorly and went down to 134lbs, but as soon as i was well again and eating normally, i crept back up to 138lbs and that is where i am sitting now.

It never seems to budge. First time round, once i started eating well, it didn't take long to see the weight fall off. Now, i am more active than i was before, i walk a lot and like i said i do stuff in the garden. I don't over eat.

I was excited to be down at 134lbs, but within just a few days, 138lbs came back up on the scales. I am feeling so discouraged.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's not about eating well, it's about eating less. Are you logging everything you eat and ensuring you're in a calorie deficit with a food scale?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It's not about eating well, it's about eating less. Are you logging everything you eat and ensuring you're in a calorie deficit with a food scale?

Yep. Buy a food scale. Weigh and log everything. Do this for 6 weeks. Re-evaluate at that time and make any adjustments needed.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Don't Into That Scale Too Often.. That Will Always Fluctuate With Water Weight And Other Factors.. You Should Track To Monitor Calories.. It's Really Important To Know How Much Calories You Eat Make You Gain, Lose Or Maintain.. Than Make Adjustments..
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I truly do not believe it is all about calories. Ys you have to count them, but are you getting quality calories? Are you giving your body the nutrition it needs so it does not feel like it is starving.

Also have you tried Carb cycling? Eating less carbs and higher fat for 3 days and then on the 4th day you add in extra carbs and lower the fat. Also you need to be eating lots of protein.

Feel free to friend me and view my diary.
  • Kimdidit
    Kimdidit Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change you WILL get results. This is my mantra right now...just found it today because a friend shared it with me just when I needed it most. I hope it helps. :)
  • Kimdidit
    Kimdidit Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Maybe take measurements instead of weighing for a while...perhaps you have gained some muscle with all that garden work. I have a garden too and when you have a big project like building raised beds or something...you do a lot of heavy lifting. :smiley:
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    It's not about eating well, it's about eating less.

This. Plug your data into MFP, set your goals, accurately log your food, and stick to your calorie goal. Guaranteed weight loss.
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    As you get older, you begin to have muscle loss and your metabolism slows down. Do you incorporate weightlifting into your exercise routine? If not, it may not show on the scale when you do begin to build muscle, but your body will shrink. Muscle takes up less space and weighs more per surface area than fat. Measurements are the best way to tell versus the scale. Also, be sure you are not eating too little. I also am about 3' 3", but I am 50 and currently about 152 lbs., When attempting to lose weight, I never go below a 20@ deficit. According to my Fitbit combined with HRM for workouts, I burn about 2200/day. So I never eat less than 1760. If you eat too little, your body thinks it's starving and will not drop fat. If you have been eating low calorie for a while, you may need to take a few weeks and eat at your maintenance level to readjust your body. The "Eat More To Weigh Less" group has lots of articles and information about this.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/

http://www.coachcalorie.com/not-losing-weight/