I need your help

Options
Hey guys today is my first day on here and my goal is to loose 100 pounds. Right now I'm 379 and I'm a single dad of a son that's 4 years old. I took him to Lego land yesterday and wasn't able to get on any rides with him because I was to big. It's time for a change in my life and it has to happen now. I could really use some help from some passionate motivated people who can get me moving in the right direction. and I'll do my best to do the same for them. I'm not going to give up until I reach me goal. pbdgdzgm0dwp.jpg

Replies

• W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Keep track of the food you eat here using the MFP tools. Eventually you will learn to eat less and eat healthier.

Go for a couple walks each day.

I'm telling you buddy, it's that simple
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wahoowad wrote: »
    Keep track of the food you eat here using the MFP tools. Eventually you will learn to eat less and eat healthier.

Go for a couple walks each day.

I'm telling you buddy, it's that simple

This is right. Do this and you will lose weight. It's all about the calorie deficit. Portion control works. Move more and eat less.
  • jcorvett007
    jcorvett007 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are already headed in the right direction. You got this!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Keep logging and it'll happen :)
  • Storytella100
    Storytella100 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys very much I will do my best to follow your instructions. I have no choice but to do something
  • RobfromRI
    RobfromRI Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This place is a good place to be if you need help.
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Right on bruh. I feel your pain and I had to make a change as well. One day at a time.
  • pontso
    pontso Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im glad im not the only one have 60lb from 226lb current to lose hate gym love walking tried everything before but with MFP im sure im on track just wish i got serious about it when i first registered some years ago I would be far.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Getting on rides with my kids is my biggest motivator also. I've managed to drop 96 pounds in a year and am working to drop at least that my second year.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good luck. The spamming wont do you any favours.
  • Storytella100
    Options
    RobfromRI wrote: »
    This place is a good place to be if you need help.

I need all the help I can get to be honestly I don't know anything about eating right or exercise
  • Storytella100
    Options
    pontso wrote: »
    Im glad im not the only one have 60lb from 226lb current to lose hate gym love walking tried everything before but with MFP im sure im on track just wish i got serious about it when i first registered some years ago I would be far.

We can all do this togeather
  • Abe178
    Abe178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I previously dropped 50+ lbs last year using this app. Stopped using it and gained some back, so I'm back at it. It's a great tool. Just use it every day. Here are a few tricks I've used: 1) pick your top three worst foods and ban them for at least 6 months (no more pizza, no pastries, no chocolate chip cookies for me); 2) look at when you eat the worst and make a change (I ate the worst at dinner... Eating late and bad, so I have a hard rule not to eat after 7 unless it's veggies; 3) speaking of veggies, keeps lots and lots of fresh veggies on hand for snacking if you need to (mine was cucumber tomato and green onion, just a little salt). And 4) don't go crazy with workouts and hurt yourself. Just walk, walk walk... Feel like watching tv and having popcorn? Nope, take the boy and go for a walk. Hope that's helpful. Stick with it, and if you have a bad day and stray, just start the next day fresh.
  • betweisberg
    betweisberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can help you take the weight off and keep it off. I'm on the project 10 challenge and it's fantastic. For every 10 lbs you lose a child struggling with obesity gets 90 meals on your behalf. It's got a 90 day money back guarantee so worth a go. We have a 100 lb club with lots of support. I love this app for keeping track. You can do it. Good luck.
    Www.jbw.project10kids.com
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Abe178 wrote: »
    I previously dropped 50+ lbs last year using this app. Stopped using it and gained some back, so I'm back at it. It's a great tool. Just use it every day. Here are a few tricks I've used: 1) pick your top three worst foods and ban them for at least 6 months (no more pizza, no pastries, no chocolate chip cookies for me); 2) look at when you eat the worst and make a change (I ate the worst at dinner... Eating late and bad, so I have a hard rule not to eat after 7 unless it's veggies; 3) speaking of veggies, keeps lots and lots of fresh veggies on hand for snacking if you need to (mine was cucumber tomato and green onion, just a little salt). And 4) don't go crazy with workouts and hurt yourself. Just walk, walk walk... Feel like watching tv and having popcorn? Nope, take the boy and go for a walk. Hope that's helpful. Stick with it, and if you have a bad day and stray, just start the next day fresh.

Got it thank you very much
  • stormyseamster
    stormyseamster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Your post really touched me. My husband is in the same situation as you and we are both trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I'd be glad to give you support and motivation. You got this! Sound like you are headed in the right direction. It's gonna be tough but so worth it!!!
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Abe178 wrote: »

Thank you very much

• Storytella100
    Options
    I can help you take the weight off and keep it off. I'm on the project 10 challenge and it's fantastic. For every 10 lbs you lose a child struggling with obesity gets 90 meals on your behalf. It's got a 90 day money back guarantee so worth a go. We have a 100 lb club with lots of support. I love this app for keeping track. You can do it. Good luck.
    Www.jbw.project10kids.com

Wow I'd love to help that would be awesome
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Thank you very much