How much water are you guys drinking?

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I drink when I am thirsty and with meals and snacks. I don't know how much it is exactly.
    My urine is clear or very light colored.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    I drink 3-4L a day. I drink when I'm thirsty, plus it beats mindless eating.
    8414092_f520.jpg

Although .. color is not always an accurate indicator .. you can be well-hydrated, take a megadose of a water-soluble vitamin and be urinating in the 5-6 range ..

I also noticed that after I take my vitamin the urine strangely turns to a different color for a while.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/09/why-do-vitamins-make-urine-bright-yellow/
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    7 to 8 servings of 8-ounce cups a day. I try to time it for comfort: 4 of these between about 7:30 and 11:30; then, 3 more between about 2:00 and 4:00. Finish off in the evening.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    About 80 ounces. I keep a 32 ounce bottle on my desk at work and try to fill it three times. I usually make it to 2.5. :)
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon a day, give or take depending on the day. I tend to drink more water at work since I sit at a desk all day. On the weekends when I'm doing this and that I tend to not always have water with me.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    AnnaBellQ14 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    8414092_f520.jpg

Although .. color is not always an accurate indicator .. you can be well-hydrated, take a megadose of a water-soluble vitamin and be urinating in the 5-6 range ..

I also noticed that after I take my vitamin the urine strangely turns to a different color for a while.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/09/why-do-vitamins-make-urine-bright-yellow/

That's an interesting article. I knew it was due to the vitamins but didn't know riboflavin was the culprit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    8414092_f520.jpg

Oh sure, I post the urine color chart and someone mentions the pee-dying vitamins. Never happens when others post it. *grumble grumble*
    tumblr_mc3ov8s5ug1qk8ni7.gif

I can't even tell what color my pee it because our toilet is blue. :D
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Heh...I have seen those super dark colors the day after heavy drinking.
    I drink a crappot of diet dew during the day then after 5 i have 4 or 5 glasses of water (48 to 60 oz).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    10-14 cups a day is my normal range...not including the 4-8 cups of coffee that I drink most days.

I am a big, active person who sweats a lot though.

Trying to get your urine color to be completely clear seems a bit extreme.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    8414092_f520.jpg

Oh sure, I post the urine color chart and someone mentions the pee-dying vitamins. Never happens when others post it. *grumble grumble*
    tumblr_mc3ov8s5ug1qk8ni7.gif

I can't even tell what color my pee it because our toilet is blue. :D

Ours is blue too. You can kind of tell, specially after a vitamin.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Beer is mostly water. I drink plenty of beer. Pee sufficiently clear.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Depends on if it is a workout day. I can get at least 2 - 3 gallons on a gym day, but I'll stay between 1-2 gallons on normal days.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

My urine is not cloudy. We were talking about the slow pace of my weight loss, and one of the things she mentioned was drinking water. Then she demonstrated what color my urine should be. She turned on her faucet and said, drink until your urine is that color.

My vitamins usually turn my pee colors mid-day. But, usually my first and last pee of the day are clear. I drink water all day from a 27oz bottle and I will fill it, and finish it, about 4 times daily. So I'm drinking slightly over 3 liters of water daily.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    14-16 cups a day on average. I drink until my urine is very light yellow. I think drinking until it's as clear as water (aka colorless) is excessive. You want your kidneys to filter out something. You don't need to overwork them like that every day. Just my thought.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I drink at least half of my body weight in ounces every day.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5L per day. Sometimes more, sometimes slightly less.

ETA: I like water. A lot. And I'm also BF'ing which tends to make me even thirstier.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    10-14 cups a day is my normal range...not including the 4-8 cups of coffee that I drink most days.

I am a big, active person who sweats a lot though.

Trying to get your urine color to be completely clear seems a bit extreme.

It seems a bit extreme to me as well. I just try to do my best to get well hydrated.
  • AnnaBellQ14
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    14-16 cups a day on average. I drink until my urine is very light yellow. I think drinking until it's as clear as water (aka colorless) is excessive. You want your kidneys to filter out something. You don't need to overwork them like that every day. Just my thought.

OK, thanks
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I shoot for the color of lemonade, if it's more orange juice then I'm dehydrated. Also, depends on the activity level for the day.
  • fadingweight
    fadingweight Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    At least 8 cups a day, but sometimes 10-12 cups.
    So, 64-96 ounces.