Getting married in less than two months!

Options
madridmath
madridmath Posts: 12 Member
Hi trying to stay motivated, and desperately need to lose weight without starving myself for the wedding. Could use some great tips on exercise.. what kind, how often, how to heal soreness etc..

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Honestly, you should have come here way more than two months before your wedding. Two months isn't much time.
  • mkdiva2005
    mkdiva2005 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello,
    I am getting married in 4 months so I definitely understand. I just really got on the good foot with my eating but I having been drinking a smoothie for breakfast and lunch made of unsweetened almond milk, a handful of kale, a quarter of a cucumber, half a banana, 6 strawberries and protein powder. I eat 3 snacks a day 100 calories per snack and a Paleo recipe dinner. I am down 11 pounds since Monday. I am not starving during the day at all. I hope this helps. I am going to start exercise next week. This week my biggest goal was to continue to eat healthy.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to loose in two months?
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 11 pounds since Monday? Talk about unhealthy!!!
    mkdiva2005 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am getting married in 4 months so I definitely understand. I just really got on the good foot with my eating but I having been drinking a smoothie for breakfast and lunch made of unsweetened almond milk, a handful of kale, a quarter of a cucumber, half a banana, 6 strawberries and protein powder. I eat 3 snacks a day 100 calories per snack and a Paleo recipe dinner. I am down 11 pounds since Monday. I am not starving during the day at all. I hope this helps. I am going to start exercise next week. This week my biggest goal was to continue to eat healthy.

• letsdothis511
    letsdothis511 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't get married.
  • madridmath
    Options
    Funny... too late. All the frustration and bumps it may bring is worth the happiness I feel right now. :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would love to know more information about what your goals look like. I have plenty of advice to keep yourself happy, motivated and excited. My wedding is in one month, so I definitely get the excitement! Two months can be plenty of time to lose some weight and feel good about the way you look on your wedding day. Take a picture now to document the beginning of your journey! I saw you want to lose 24 pounds. That won't probably happen in two months-- it's not recommended, anyway. Then again, if you don't normally eat in a healthy, low calorie way, you can easily lose 10-15 pounds in the first month. Add me, if you'd like. We can talk more. Message me if you want some advice and whatnot.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So how much are you trying to lose in 2 months? 5lbs doable, 20 lbs mmmm not so much.
  • madridmath
    Options
    Honestly, you should have come here way more than two months before your wedding. Two months isn't much time.
    Yes, I know. But trying to stay positive. This is only the beginning of a life change. I plan to keep eating healthy and working out long after I'm married. Also looking forward to meeting motivated fun friends on this app.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    madridmath wrote: »
    Funny... too late. All the frustration and bumps it may bring is worth the happiness I feel right now. :)

healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week, but it depends on what you do and how much you have to lose. If you want unrealisic and unhealthy rates, then theres already someone giving you advice on that. If 4-8lbs isnt enough for you then you should have started sooner.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    With all the stress of planning a wedding you want to add a massive weight loss plan on top of it? Set a reasonable goal, no more than 10 pounds. Continue with your exercise plan, it's great for stress relief, and try to maintain a reasonable eating plan. If you have ordered your dress, you want to leave time for any alterations that may be necessary before the ceremony, another reason not to go crazy with losing weight right now.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Healthy ingredients ... yes. Healthy eating/lifestyle: No.
  • madridmath
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for the tip! Kind of hard to imagine such a strict diet, but you say you're not starving so something must be working. I'd like to see how exercise changes your diet.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    First off, find out the details on having alterations made to your dress. You don't want to have it not fit properly. For most clothes - jeans, blouses, skirts, dresses - an exact fit isn't as important. You can still wear jeans if they're a little too tight or a little too lose. A gown? Not so much.

Then, I'd recommend the same thing I'd recommend to anyone. An appropriate calorie deficit (aim to lose no more than one pound a week until you're within 10-15 pounds of your goal, then a half pound a week), good nutrition and regular exercise including strength training.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Hello,

You're obviously a beginner if you just started on Monday, and your ticker says you have 160 pounds to lose. This is not going to get the OP to lose 24 pounds in 2 months, though.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Then just enjoy your wedding day as you are. You can start making dietary changes and start exercising now, but I wouldn't go balls to the wall 2 months before one of the most important (and stressful) days of your life.
  • madridmath
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    How much do you want to loose in two months?
    I want to lose 4 inches from the middle. Going to count on lots of running and situps to help with that. Know of safe ways of doing situps without hurting the neck? I know I must be doing it wrong.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    ZBuffBod wrote: »
    Wow!! 11 pounds since Monday? Talk about unhealthy!!!
    Hello,

Water weight. According to this person's profile, they have quite a bit of weight to lose.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I assume your wedding day won't be the first time your future husband will see you, right? He loves you the way you are, so just take steps towards a healthy lifestyle, and enjoy your wedding! Congrats, btw!