Getting married in less than two months!

Replies

• Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Two months.. Hmm..

Bet a 25lbs pound loss would be nice.. How does your future spouse feel about you having one leg?? :)

All kidding aside.. Two months is probably enough to take off 10-12lbs, which would probably be a great way to start your new life to being married and healthy habits of fitness and good eating. I wouldn't go with a "I'm going to loose weight to get married" goal, but rather a goal of "I'm starting a new life, this is a good time to also start some new lifestyle changes."

Best of luck and congradulations!!

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Just focus on planning for the wedding rather than a quick weight loss. If you need to lose weight, maybe think of ways to help yourself slowly that is sustainable.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    madridmath wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    How much do you want to loose in two months?
    I want to lose 4 inches from the middle. Going to count on lots of running and situps to help with that. Know of safe ways of doing situps without hurting the neck? I know I must be doing it wrong.

I don't do situps.

Situps aren't going to help you lose inches. Eating less than you burn will.
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Don't get married.

+1
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    For once I'd like to come in to one of these threads and read that the bride is looking to get really fat before her wedding day. I dunno, I just think it'd be a good change of pace. It could even be a happy story. Like maybe her mom was really chubby when she got married and she wants to wear her mom's old wedding dress but she's too thin. Aww. Romance ya know.

I just spit my protein shake all over my keyboard... LOL..

• itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Honestly, you should have come here way more than two months before your wedding. Two months isn't much time.

Exactly.

Just don't gain it all back the second you get married. Stay on a healthy track!
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Two months.. Hmm..

Bet a 25lbs pound loss would be nice.. How does your future spouse feel about you having one leg?? :)

All kidding aside.. Two months is probably enough to take off 10-12lbs, which would probably be a great way to start your new life to being married and healthy habits of fitness and good eating. I wouldn't go with a "I'm going to loose weight to get married" goal, but rather a goal of "I'm starting a new life, this is a good time to also start some new lifestyle changes."

Best of luck and congradulations!!

EXACTLY! ;)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    BFDeal wrote: »
    For once I'd like to come in to one of these threads and read that the bride is looking to get really fat before her wedding day. I dunno, I just think it'd be a good change of pace. It could even be a happy story. Like maybe her mom was really chubby when she got married and she wants to wear her mom's old wedding dress but she's too thin. Aww. Romance ya know.

This completes my Friday. :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Did you just meet your fiance?

Or... does he know you and proposed to you as you are now?
    Does he care at all about whatever weight you want to lose in the next two months?

Is looking good in your wedding dress more important than the wedding date?

Because really... the best present you can give yourself and your future husband is a bride who has healthy eating habits... and starting a marriage on a crash diet is not that present.

Eat healthy and at a mild deficit
    Exercise healthy

Be happy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You probably have less than a month actually... Your final dress fitting is usually 4-6 weeks before the wedding, no?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    mkdiva2005 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am getting married in 4 months so I definitely understand. I just really got on the good foot with my eating but I having been drinking a smoothie for breakfast and lunch made of unsweetened almond milk, a handful of kale, a quarter of a cucumber, half a banana, 6 strawberries and protein powder. I eat 3 snacks a day 100 calories per snack and a Paleo recipe dinner. I am down 11 pounds since Monday. I am not starving during the day at all. I hope this helps. I am going to start exercise next week. This week my biggest goal was to continue to eat healthy.

You're obviously a beginner if you just started on Monday, and your ticker says you have 160 pounds to lose. This is not going to get the OP to lose 24 pounds in 2 months, though.

dat burn

ameriburn.org/verification_verifiedcenters.php
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    I want to lose 4 inches from the middle. Going to count on lots of running and situps to help with that. Know of safe ways of doing situps without hurting the neck? I know I must be doing it wrong.

Lesson #1: you can't choose where the weight comes off from. You're going to lose weight where your body says, not where you want. You may loose a cup size or a pant size and see no change in your waist measurement. Be prepared for that. I lost 40lbs, dropped 3 cup sizes, went from a 14 dress to a 6, and only lost 4.5" from my waist. I'm 5'7" and that took me over a year to do. Be practical about your expectations for two months worth of effort.

Sit ups work the superficial upper-stomach muscles, which can actually make your tummy look BIGGER. I also experience neck strain when I try to do conventional sit-ups. I'm a ballroom dancer and do martial arts, I work with 2 professional trainers. Great exercises to strengthen your core muscles are yoga ball balancing, squats (yes, really), planks, and Russian twists. Also working on your obliques wouldn't hurt (sides of your waist) as these muscles help support your stomach and back. Strong obliques will also help you feel comfortable on your wedding day being on your feet and hugging people all day. Strong sides, strong arms, strong back.

Walk. Walk. Walk. Wake up an hour early in the morning, get an audio book on your phone, and go for a walk on an empty stomach. Breathe fresh air and get some Vitamin D (wear sunscreen!). Meditate about your future life and your goals. I promise you'll feel more focused and in-control of your life's direction.

Get your sleep. Your body needs REM sleep to lose weight. 8 hours a night, minimum. You may have to give up some of your favorite tv shows to get to bed on time. Your weight loss will be boosted and your skin will look great.

Stop drinking alcohol. Your liver isn't just for cleaning booze out of your body, it also processes outgoing chemicals including fat cells. If you're drinking, your liver will be too busy cleaning out the alcohol and it will recycle your lost fat back into your body for storage. You can pick up a glass of wine or two within a couple days of the wedding to get your tolerance back. No one wants to be a sloppy light-weight bride, I get that. But allowing your liver to clean your body is going to boost your fat loss, clear your skin, balance your gut bacteria, AND boost your immune system so you're less likely to catch a cold on your honeymoon.

Mineral water. It has trace amounts of calcium and megnesium, which help flush lactic acid from your muscles. Lactic acid is the chemical secreted by muscles after you work out. When it stays in your body it makes you feel sore and achy. Getting calcium and megnesium will help, either in a pill form or by drinking mineral water. I do both. Also, the bubbles help you feel full and pampered. I find this especially helpful if drinking enough water is otherwise a chore for you.

Hope this helps. There's a lot you can do, but results will only appear with time and consistent effort. Don't think about pounds or inches. Focus on how you feel when you stretch, how your clothes fit, how rested you feel when you wake up in the morning. Those are better indicators of health and your body's changes.

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    draznyth wrote: »
    mkdiva2005 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am getting married in 4 months so I definitely understand. I just really got on the good foot with my eating but I having been drinking a smoothie for breakfast and lunch made of unsweetened almond milk, a handful of kale, a quarter of a cucumber, half a banana, 6 strawberries and protein powder. I eat 3 snacks a day 100 calories per snack and a Paleo recipe dinner. I am down 11 pounds since Monday. I am not starving during the day at all. I hope this helps. I am going to start exercise next week. This week my biggest goal was to continue to eat healthy.

You're obviously a beginner if you just started on Monday, and your ticker says you have 160 pounds to lose. This is not going to get the OP to lose 24 pounds in 2 months, though.

dat burn

ameriburn.org/verification_verifiedcenters.php

Awww, I truly didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I just don't think her experience is applicable to the OP's situation.
  • madridmath
    madridmath Posts: 12 Member
    You probably have less than a month actually... Your final dress fitting is usually 4-6 weeks before the wedding, no?
    Well.. l bought my dress already, but it hasn't gotten here yet. I know how to sew, so it's ok to lose and tuck in the dress a bit. So I'm planning till the very last week. I get married July 11, my fitness goal is 4th of July!
  • madridmath
    I did insanity before my wedding. I lost weight and didn't even have to change my eating habits. I generally eat pretty healthy but towards the end I kind of lost track with the stress of the wedding. but was able to maintain and still lose doing Insanity
    My sister did Insanity for two days and could only handle 10 minutes. I forgot all about it. Thank you, I think I will try it my last week when my stamina is a little better.
  • JamesSmedley
    JamesSmedley Posts: 37 Member
    Two months is enough time for you to lose at least 2 stone, so get to work now!
  • madridmath
    sdirks wrote: »

Lesson #1: you can't choose where the weight comes off from. You're going to lose weight where your body says, not where you want. You may loose a cup size or a pant size and see no change in your waist measurement. Be prepared for that. I lost 40lbs, dropped 3 cup sizes, went from a 14 dress to a 6, and only lost 4.5" from my waist. I'm 5'7" and that took me over a year to do. Be practical about your expectations for two months worth of effort.

Sit ups work the superficial upper-stomach muscles, which can actually make your tummy look BIGGER. I also experience neck strain when I try to do conventional sit-ups. I'm a ballroom dancer and do martial arts, I work with 2 professional trainers. Great exercises to strengthen your core muscles are yoga ball balancing, squats (yes, really), planks, and Russian twists. Also working on your obliques wouldn't hurt (sides of your waist) as these muscles help support your stomach and back. Strong obliques will also help you feel comfortable on your wedding day being on your feet and hugging people all day. Strong sides, strong arms, strong back.

Walk. Walk. Walk. Wake up an hour early in the morning, get an audio book on your phone, and go for a walk on an empty stomach. Breathe fresh air and get some Vitamin D (wear sunscreen!). Meditate about your future life and your goals. I promise you'll feel more focused and in-control of your life's direction.

Get your sleep. Your body needs REM sleep to lose weight. 8 hours a night, minimum. You may have to give up some of your favorite tv shows to get to bed on time. Your weight loss will be boosted and your skin will look great.

Stop drinking alcohol. Your liver isn't just for cleaning booze out of your body, it also processes outgoing chemicals including fat cells. If you're drinking, your liver will be too busy cleaning out the alcohol and it will recycle your lost fat back into your body for storage. You can pick up a glass of wine or two within a couple days of the wedding to get your tolerance back. No one wants to be a sloppy light-weight bride, I get that. But allowing your liver to clean your body is going to boost your fat loss, clear your skin, balance your gut bacteria, AND boost your immune system so you're less likely to catch a cold on your honeymoon.

Mineral water. It has trace amounts of calcium and megnesium, which help flush lactic acid from your muscles. Lactic acid is the chemical secreted by muscles after you work out. When it stays in your body it makes you feel sore and achy. Getting calcium and megnesium will help, either in a pill form or by drinking mineral water. I do both. Also, the bubbles help you feel full and pampered. I find this especially helpful if drinking enough water is otherwise a chore for you.

Hope this helps. There's a lot you can do, but results will only appear with time and consistent effort. Don't think about pounds or inches. Focus on how you feel when you stretch, how your clothes fit, how rested you feel when you wake up in the morning. Those are better indicators of health and your body's changes.

Best advice ever! I will do everything you say and will try to maintain my focus on overall good health. This is the beginning of a life change and I want to keep exercise as a daily routine in my life. I appreciate you taking the time to coach me. Thank you.
  • 196449ab
    196449ab Posts: 8 Member
    Sign up for a boot camp! A lot of them come with a meal plan, you'll tone up and lose some weight. They can be fun too! Just Google boot camps in your area. If money is an issue there are lots of groupons out there. Also drinks tons of water.
  • madridmath
    196449ab wrote: »
    Sign up for a boot camp! A lot of them come with a meal plan, you'll tone up and lose some weight. They can be fun too! Just Google boot camps in your area. If money is an issue there are lots of groupons out there. Also drinks tons of water.
    What? I didn't even know that existed. I'll look into it, thank you.