Lose 20 Lbs by the End of August 2015 Challenge! Join us!

Options

Replies

• KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
    Wow! I just took a look at your profile picture and was amazed! You are on your way to a better you! Great job!

Aww thank you! I appreciate that :)
  • ScottW3142
    ScottW3142 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • mgblum05
    mgblum05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this app a couple of days ago. So far I think it's awesome! I so want to try to loose 20 by end of August. Would be a great kick start.
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ScottW3142 wrote: »
    I'm in.
    Great! Sent you an invite. Let me have any trouble joining.
    mgblum05 wrote: »
    Just discovered this app a couple of days ago. So far I think it's awesome! I so want to try to loose 20 by end of August. Would be a great kick start.
    Isn't it wonderful?! I joined in 2011 but never dealt with the social side of the website. I'm so happy I am now. Having more friends to help you has been a very successful experience for me so far! 16 pounds gone forever and about 100 more to go. Together we can do this! I sent you an invite to the group.
  • brownbun15
    brownbun15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Id like to join this challenge! I joined MFP last year and it helped me lose almost 20 lbs, I could have lost more but I fell off for about 6 months and gained some of that weight back, so Im looking to kick start my fitness journey again. Please feel free to add me, I had to rejoin and get a new profile so I have no friends :neutral:
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I've fallen off the band wagon more times than I can count but I’m back now going strong. When I first joined MFP in 2011, I had a small handful of friends but now I have learned the importance of strength in numbers! After making lifestyle changes, I’m happy to say that I’m on my way to a better me. So can you! Losing weight isn’t easy; it’s about commitment, dedication, and perseverance.

After mentioning the idea of losing 20 pounds by the end of August, I had several friends interested in challenging themselves so I decided to create a group. It’s called “Lose 20 Lbs by the End of August 2015 Challenge”. It is a public group, anyone can join! All you have to do is weigh yourself every week (it doesn't matter what day) and reply to the appropriate thread for that week.

Also, if anyone wants to add me; feel free! I’m a daily logger with open diary and active participator in the news feed. Together, we can achieve! Let’s do this! :)

If you aren't sure how to find groups, click community, groups, and search if you don’t see this one pop up for you. Or just reply to this thread and I’ll send you an invite. Here is the direct link as well: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106184-lose-20-lbs-by-the-end-of-august-2015-challenge

I look forward to seeing you all there!
    Sounds like a good challenge. Im gonna try it too.
    Hello Everyone,

I've fallen off the band wagon more times than I can count but I’m back now going strong. When I first joined MFP in 2011, I had a small handful of friends but now I have learned the importance of strength in numbers! After making lifestyle changes, I’m happy to say that I’m on my way to a better me. So can you! Losing weight isn’t easy; it’s about commitment, dedication, and perseverance.

After mentioning the idea of losing 20 pounds by the end of August, I had several friends interested in challenging themselves so I decided to create a group. It’s called “Lose 20 Lbs by the End of August 2015 Challenge”. It is a public group, anyone can join! All you have to do is weigh yourself every week (it doesn't matter what day) and reply to the appropriate thread for that week.

Also, if anyone wants to add me; feel free! I’m a daily logger with open diary and active participator in the news feed. Together, we can achieve! Let’s do this! :)

If you aren't sure how to find groups, click community, groups, and search if you don’t see this one pop up for you. Or just reply to this thread and I’ll send you an invite. Here is the direct link as well: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106184-lose-20-lbs-by-the-end-of-august-2015-challenge

I look forward to seeing you all there!

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I want to do this! Please add me!
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Options
    brownbun15 wrote: »
    Id like to join this challenge! I joined MFP last year and it helped me lose almost 20 lbs, I could have lost more but I fell off for about 6 months and gained some of that weight back, so Im looking to kick start my fitness journey again. Please feel free to add me, I had to rejoin and get a new profile so I have no friends :neutral:
    So you are like me then! :wink: Glad to have you back! I sent you an invite in case you haven't joined the group yet.

moledew wrote: »
    I'm in!!!!
    Sent you an invite!
    AR10at50 wrote: »
    I want to do this! Please add me!
    Awesome! Sent you an invite. Let me know if you have any trouble getting in.
  • twinmommyRN
    twinmommyRN Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to join group too. Please add me. Thanks!
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds awesome! Anyone is free to add me too :)
  • denisebunch79
    denisebunch79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Add me too guys! I am just restarting mfp but sticking to it this time! Need all the fitness pals I can get!
  • jahnaca
    jahnaca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Options
    I would like to join group too. Please add me. Thanks!
    Done! Let me know if you have trouble joining.
    Oh that sounds awesome! Anyone is free to add me too :)
    Thanks for the friend request! Sent you an invite to the group :smile:
    I'm in! Add me too guys! I am just restarting mfp but sticking to it this time! Need all the fitness pals I can get!
    I'm not sure if you got in the group or not but I sent you an invite. Thank you for the friend request as well!
    jahnaca wrote: »
    Please add me as well
    Sent you a friend request and an invite to the group :smile:
  • Myweightlossdiary
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi All,

Due to the overwhelming amount of people joining this group and I want it to be a great success, starting tomorrow evening I will be closing the group from public to private but you can still apply to join! I won't turn anyone down, it's just taking me a lot longer adding everyone through the invite method.

Since week 1 is over tomorrow evening and we start week 2 on Sunday, if you join after that you only need to record your weight from that point forward. Keep in mind that depending on whatever week you join, the total expected loss for this time frame will be less than 20 pounds. However, that's okay because the point is you are on the right track!

I may not be monitoring this post much after tomorrow so if you are interested in joining, please click or copy/paste the below link and either join or apply to join. I wish everyone the best! We have a great group so far! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Group link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106184-lose-20-lbs-by-the-end-of-august-2015-challenge
  • angela_simons
    angela_simons Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group. Not sure how
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. Adding to the group now :)!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I want to join too please! Sounds like a great challenge and way to start moving! Thanks for creating this
  • fionadost
    fionadost Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    would like to be part of this group. wonderful idea for inspiration :)
  • turtle0022
    turtle0022 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This may be just what I need NOW... plateaued for the past 4 wks. Down 28 lbs., want to lose 15 more, but 20 would be AWESOME!