MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:bigsmile: Small changes can bring on big results!! :bigsmile:

FOR THE WEEK OF: May 22 to May 28, 2011
We still have a week to slim down for Memorial Day!

:wink: Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!
CHOOSE WHAT ONE/OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON THIS WEEK. DON'T SET THEM TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE, BUT SOMETHING YOU NEED TO WORK ON. :wink:

:flowerforyou: One small step at a time :drinker:
You will reach your goal for sure if you break a complicated task into small actionable steps. Do just one step at a time. To get started, choose something you know you can do easily. That can get the ball rolling for getting more done. These small steps will get you where you need to go.

:glasses: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or get back on track, like me? :glasses:

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request.

:drinker: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :drinker:

Last weeks link:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/240850-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I lost 3 pounds this past week!! :bigsmile:
    We all know that I needed to lose what I gained. But I still have a few more to go. :-(

I NEED to keep the Weekly Challenge, for it gives me HOPE!!

Trying to fit the 5 in daily did NOT work for me!!!
    This week I will pick 1 goal, and try to strive for the five that will help get me there. This way I don't get dcouraged.

:wink: I focused on eating right to lose some of what I gained and I did lose, but could not keep up with 5 daily. I set myself up for failure. :sad:

:drinker: This weeks goal will be to lose 2 pounds! By trying to follow my Strive for Five!! :drinker:

⦿ Goal is to lose 2 pounds this week⦿

By Striving to do my Five!

~Strive f⦿r Five~
    1. THINK POSITIVE!
    2. Journal Food Daily
    3. Stay within calories
    4. Wear Pedometer
    5. Post on message board

:flowerforyou: Good Luck to all of you that keep me motivated and who support me, no matter what!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i have been stuck in the 160's for about 2 months...last weigh in i was 161.25...my goal this week is to out of the 160's and into the 150's...my weigh in is thursday afternoon......
  • missdeehere
    Options
    i have been stuck in the 160's for about 2 months...last weigh in i was 161.25...my goal this week is to out of the 160's and into the 150's...my weigh in is thursday afternoon......

:flowerforyou: Welcome Tencie & Good Luck getting out of the 160's!!

You will find this a great support group & the focus of one week at a time, better reachable for your goals. & when ya slip up, a NEW week begins & change your goals when you need to.
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal is to get the scale to move away from 200...Been struggling to lose any weight but I will admit, I'm not eating great every day and I give into temptation too easily :(

I like the 5 points (I can't remember what you called them)

1. Drink more water ~ More than 2 cups at least
    2. Force myself to work out every weekend, somehow, someway (and not "cheating" workouts....I find that I cop out and say "I pushed a stroller for 30 minutes...that was my exercise for the day).
    3. Log Daily - Everything (I sometimes don't log same day, and try to backlog the next morning)
    4. Push myself, but allow enjoyment ~ not only in food but in life
    5. Don't beat myself up when I have a bad day :)

Thanks for the challenge and let's see how this week goes!
  • dawnflying
    dawnflying Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello Dee, I have just started here as I am in need of some inspiration and so would love to join the challenge:smile:

My goal this week is to stick to my calories and do 3 exercise sessions, only two weeks to my hols in Italy and would love to drop a couple of ponds and have been 'stuck' for six months.

Have a good week, Dawn x
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    This is my first week joining your weekly challenge. I have had 3 goals for awhile and when I work consistently to meet them I am successful and when I give up or can't be bothered or think no one is checking up on me (e.g., checking my food and exercise diaries) or keeping me accountable to my goals then I don't met them. Maybe being a part of this challenge and group will help me. Don't be afraid to tell me when you notice that I don't meet my goals as I need that!

My goals have been and still will be for this weekly challenge:
    Stay under my calories 6 out of 7 days of the week.
    Exercise 180 minutes a week (which works out to 30 minutes, 6 times a week)
    Drink 6 glasses of water a day.

I would also like to lose a pound this week as I gained 2 last weekend celebrating my birthday and I'm up another pound today after eating too much leftover ice cream cake and eating way to late in the evening.

I start my week on Monday and finish my week on Sunday as that is how My Fitness Pal tracks exercise for the week.

Do we post daily to say whether we've met our goals?
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for starting a new week MissDee!

Last week just down right SUCKED. My personal life fell apart and after completing my diary, I found myself in the kitchen binging each night and not turning the computer on to log it. It's not surprising I gained 3 pounds. Now 2 of those pounds are off so I have 1 more to shed and then BACK TO BUSINESS.

Even though my life is falling apart around me, I need to continue to eat healthily and exercise and STOP the destructive behaviors! I didn't realize how quickly I could fall back into old tendencies, even 11 weeks after starting this process.

ANYWAYS enough of all that... my goals this week are:

1) Lose 2-3 pounds so that my ticker can finally say "50"!
    2) Exercise at least 20 minutes EVERY day for a minimum of 140 minutes this week.
    3) Stay under 1800mg of sodium 4/7 days.

Good luck everyone!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Suz
    ((((HUGGS))))
    Did u see my message to you on last weeks challenge thread?

I am here for you hon!!
    Love ya!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    My weekly goal is to get the scale to move away from 200...Been struggling to lose any weight but I will admit, I'm not eating great every day and I give into temptation too easily :(

I like the 5 points (I can't remember what you called them)

1. Drink more water ~ More than 2 cups at least
    2. Force myself to work out every weekend, somehow, someway (and not "cheating" workouts....I find that I cop out and say "I pushed a stroller for 30 minutes...that was my exercise for the day).
    3. Log Daily - Everything (I sometimes don't log same day, and try to backlog the next morning)
    4. Push myself, but allow enjoyment ~ not only in food but in life
    5. Don't beat myself up when I have a bad day :)

Thanks for the challenge and let's see how this week goes!

:flowerforyou: WELCOME MOTHERIN ME
    Good luck reaching your goals this week!! happy to have you join us & remember to.................

STRIVE FOR YOUR FIVE!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hello Dee, I have just started here as I am in need of some inspiration and so would love to join the challenge:smile:

My goal this week is to stick to my calories and do 3 exercise sessions, only two weeks to my hols in Italy and would love to drop a couple of ponds and have been 'stuck' for six months.

Have a good week, Dawn x

:flowerforyou: WELCOME DAWN!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Italy???????? GOOD LUCK!! My hubby is from Holland so I am always excited for a European visit!!

Trust me, we ALL need inspiration!! And we ALL slip up!!

Good Luck!!

PS LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR PIC!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    This is my first week joining your weekly challenge. I have had 3 goals for awhile and when I work consistently to meet them I am successful and when I give up or can't be bothered or think no one is checking up on me (e.g., checking my food and exercise diaries) or keeping me accountable to my goals then I don't met them. Maybe being a part of this challenge and group will help me. Don't be afraid to tell me when you notice that I don't meet my goals as I need that!

My goals have been and still will be for this weekly challenge:
    Stay under my calories 6 out of 7 days of the week.
    Exercise 180 minutes a week (which works out to 30 minutes, 6 times a week)
    Drink 6 glasses of water a day.

I would also like to lose a pound this week as I gained 2 last weekend celebrating my birthday and I'm up another pound today after eating too much leftover ice cream cake and eating way to late in the evening.

I start my week on Monday and finish my week on Sunday as that is how My Fitness Pal tracks exercise for the week.

Do we post daily to say whether we've met our goals?

:flowerforyou: WELCOME INSHAPECK!!
    This is a place to come for motivation & support, some days my real life is just so busy to get here that I come when I can. I can't stress about not being here.

But I do find, once I make the effort, I fee better and am glad I did. No one will be upset if you can't come but you do what works for you.

I just LOVE myfitnesspal and all the tools they offer, and are FREE!! :-)
  • scaatynj
    scaatynj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Back again this week! Met all but one challenge last week and that was to do the PIlates, so that's going to be my number one challenge for this week since I need to work on strengthening my upper body!

I also plan to do the stationary bike at least 3 times this week and stay within my calories!

Good luck to all!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Suz
    ((((HUGGS))))

I am here for you hon!!
    Love ya!!

Yes, I did... sorry about that. I was all wrapped up in myself and never had a chance to respond. Thank you for your prayers. :)
  • Believe4
    Believe4 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am there with you this week. I have been maintaining for three weeks with bouncing back and forth with 1-2 lb gain and loss. I have a vacation to see family and want to be 6-8 lbs down by 6/11/11. i am going to have to put in the exercise. I have been doing okay with food, but not making exercise a priority. My goal is 4 days of exercise with a minimum of 30 mins each day.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I did not meet my goal this week =( I will do better tomorrow. It is so easy to just stay in vacation mode! I will do my 450min of exercise this week. Good luck with your goals everyone.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm in!! My weekly goal this week is to run 3X this week, and to walk 5 miles 3X this week. (I've started the C25K challenge, I'm going to repeat week 1 only because it's KILLING my legs - this fat girl hasn't "run" for 25years!!)

I'm GLAD that I found you all....... ok, well, I didn't do so well - I had to stop running until I can get a good pair of running shoes.... :ohwell: but it's ok - I did either walk or ride my bicycle (or both) everyday last week... and I was under my calories goals everyday.... so I'll take that.

This week, I want to get a workout DVD or two so I do something other than walk. Also, to stay in under my goal EVERYDAY, and not cheat on the holiday weekend. Other than that, I will walk 20 miles this week. :drinker:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Suz
    ((((HUGGS))))

I am here for you hon!!
    Love ya!!

Yes, I did... sorry about that. I was all wrapped up in myself and never had a chance to respond. Thank you for your prayers. :)

Suz - I read your posts as well, and wanted you to know that I will be praying for your situation too. {{HUGS}}
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My weigh- in is on Thursdays I was 156 last week I so want out of the 150's
    by the end of may :smile:

My goal this week is to work out everyday and keep calories
    between 1100 and 1200 .
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I met all 3 of my goals today! :) Stayed under my calories, exercised 30+ minutes, and drank 6 glasses of water. Hopefully I can keep it up for the rest of the week!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Count me in again. Need to get in 12 miles this week or more falling behind on my monthly goal have to bust my butt to get it.