Raw and cooked potato

Options
rachbezz
rachbezz Posts: 3 Member
Anyone knows the difference in weight of a raw potato to a cooked (grilled) potato?!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The last time I baked a potato, it was 9.8 ounces raw and 7.something (I think 7.9) after it was baked. Grilling should be similar enough to that.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm curious too.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I just weigh my potatoes after cooking.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    4.3 ounces.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    If you weighed the potato prior to cooking, log it as raw. If you weighed after, log it as cooked.

Not all potatoes are the same, so weight changes may vary between types and sizes. Make sure you're logging the specific potato you use (e.g. Yukon Gold, fingerling, etc).
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    srslybritt wrote: »
    If you weighed the potato prior to cooking, log it as raw. If you weighed after, log it as cooked.

Not all potatoes are the same, so weight changes may vary between types and sizes. Make sure you're logging the specific potato you use (e.g. Yukon Gold, fingerling, etc).

you are a saint, my dear.
    as kind as the day is long.
    bless you.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    srslybritt wrote: »

tumblr_m987d7gGYV1reu1vyo1_500.gif